News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

NEW PD CONTEST: HORRORMIRTH.

Started by LMNO, September 01, 2009, 03:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Earfatigue Productions and PD.com are proud to announce a new contest open to all members who can touch finger to keys!

This month's contest was inspired by TGRR, who commented that while we are being creative, we're not paying attention to each other's creativity.  Since previous contests awarded us with disturbingly original and creative ideas, pamphets and (bowel) movements, we can only call this a win-win.

THE RULES (yes, there are rules, fuckface):

You have one month (9/1/09 - 10/1/09) to write an essay, poem, story, or other piece of literature relating to the common theme: HORRORMIRTH.  You can explain it, wallow in it, cause it, or debunk it; doesn't matter, as long as it relates to the theme.

You can either post your entry here, or in a separate thread.  If you post in a separate thread, please use the phrase "HORRORMIRTH CONTEST" somewhere in the subject line.  You may submit as many entries as you like.

On October 1, 2009, a new thread will be created for voting.  Voting will last for 1 week.  

What will constitue a "winner" will be determined at the end of the voting period.  Prizes will be awarded.

Ready, set go!

:horrormirth:

Payne

I am going to buy myself a notepad or something and a nice pen, for to write out shit as it occurs to me. (I need something to do with my hands in public places since I stopped smoking a few days ago.)

I'll bear this in mind as I do so.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Why the hell not?  The field is open to all media.

Sir Squid Diddimus

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm in.  But I'm not rushing this one.  I have to top my evil old man pic.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 04:38:49 PM
I'm in.  But I'm not rushing this one.  I have to top my evil old man pic.

Self Portrait?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I dunno if I have anything for this. But I'll work on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Hey, LMNO...how many entries can we make?  Because I'm just stuffed full of Horrormirth.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 05:26:20 PM
Hey, LMNO...how many entries can we make?  Because I'm just stuffed full of Horrormirth.

After speaking with both the Russian and East German judges...

Go fucking nuts.  No limit.

Triple Zero

It has to be something new, right? Otherwise I submit this one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

After consulting with the ghost of Richard Dawson, previous works can be submitted, but the judges may take deduct points for you being lazy about it.