News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Oy vey...

Started by LMNO, September 02, 2009, 06:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, it turns out that Eve works in the Borders across from my work.

So, as I walked in to have what was to be an odd and slightly awkward conversation with her amidst her coworkers, I noticed that this month is slated to be the release of a new Dan Brown novel...

:crankey:

I wonder how long it will take to steal a copy off the Internet.

LMNO
-can't help it, it's like a train wreck.

Cain

I noticed a new one is being released too.  I dread to think what is going to get Dan Browned next.

LMNO

Apparently, this takes place in Washington DC, and involves the Masons.

Eater of Clowns

I also cannot help myself.  I will probably read it.  :argh!:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

This is a good antidote to Dan Brown

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShownTheirWork

After all, entertainment and education need not be polar opposites.  In particular, I recommend Frank Schätzing's The Swarm.  Kai would probably love the level of attention paid to biological research.

Richter

I only got halfway thru DaVanci.  Repeating itterations of action and art lesson with a measured amount of exposition between each.
It was like a Battenburg cake made out of American Lit. and Art text books, or touring a museum where you play HALO or Professor Layton between each floor.

Angels and Demons any better?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Richter on September 02, 2009, 09:24:59 PM
I only got halfway thru DaVanci.  Repeating itterations of action and art lesson with a measured amount of exposition between each.
It was like a Battenburg cake made out of American Lit. and Art text books, or touring a museum where you play HALO or Professor Layton between each floor.

Angels and Demons any better?

Replace Priory of Scion with Illuminati, replace albino assassin with middle eastern assassin, replace french chick with other chick.

Prediction for new one?

Replace Illuminati with Freemasons, replace middle eastern assassin with high tech American assassin, replace other chick with American chick.  I don't remember if other chick was American, but this one can be Americaner.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

The chick will be a Mason.

Yes, I know, but this is Dan Brown.  You know he wont be able to resist it.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2009, 09:38:50 PM

He might make her black so that she's more distinctly "American" than the other chick.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2009, 09:38:50 PM

Ok, that would be pretty damn funny.