News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Dear Republicans, Fuck You (a letter from BartCop)

Started by Da6s, September 05, 2009, 05:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on September 05, 2009, 12:40:35 PM
FUCK YEAH! I couldn't even read past the first paragraph of the OP...

I have to admit I might have quoted a bit of a larger part than I actually read :)

Quote from: Kai on September 05, 2009, 07:15:43 PM
I don't know, I really liked the "Fuck you" and "Fuck off and die" parts.

Sometimes the best medicine is a loud "FUCK YOU, FUCK ALL OF YOU FUCKERS". Feels real nice, gets the blood pumping.

well yeah, when it's about things such as those fucking bastards in the UK fucking refusing to fucking wrap a book you bought in a fucking children's book store as if i fucking bought it for myself to fucking read on the fucking plane home or when the fucking girl at the fucking giftwrap shop fucking store fucking refuses to fucking wrap said fucking childrens book with their fucking overpriced fucking wrapping paper like fuck i'm gonna buy a fucking sheet of fucking wrapping paper for a fucking pound if they're not gonna fucking wrap it for me, or when some fucking scottish woman calls me cheap afterwards for being fucking creative with a fuckload of fucking ducktape and some fucking flyers.

i mean, that's wonderful stuff to whine about. love it. but to do it with politics like that? just weak to me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 06, 2009, 07:51:46 PM
Quote from: Payne on September 05, 2009, 12:40:35 PM
FUCK YEAH! I couldn't even read past the first paragraph of the OP...

I have to admit I might have quoted a bit of a larger part than I actually read :)

Quote from: Kai on September 05, 2009, 07:15:43 PM
I don't know, I really liked the "Fuck you" and "Fuck off and die" parts.

Sometimes the best medicine is a loud "FUCK YOU, FUCK ALL OF YOU FUCKERS". Feels real nice, gets the blood pumping.

well yeah, when it's about things such as those fucking bastards in the UK fucking refusing to fucking wrap a book you bought in a fucking children's book store as if i fucking bought it for myself to fucking read on the fucking plane home or when the fucking girl at the fucking giftwrap shop fucking store fucking refuses to fucking wrap said fucking childrens book with their fucking overpriced fucking wrapping paper like fuck i'm gonna buy a fucking sheet of fucking wrapping paper for a fucking pound if they're not gonna fucking wrap it for me, or when some fucking scottish woman calls me cheap afterwards for being fucking creative with a fuckload of fucking ducktape and some fucking flyers.

i mean, that's wonderful stuff to whine about. love it. but to do it with politics like that? just weak to me.

Your rant about that is still jaw droppingly amazing to me.

Even if I'm still kinda siding with the auld Scottish bat you ran into. You're lucky she didn't bite your face off, btw.

Cain

hxxp://www.stiftungleostrauss.com/bunker/?p=1939

This helps make my point:

QuoteThe magnitude of Obama's obsessive compulsion to flinch before political forces dedicated to his (and by extension, our) political execution is unexpected. From Putin to Bibi to Mitch McConnell to the Fox apparant, he has caved in measures large and small. Not just once. And like the proverbial weakling with low self esteem, Obama vents his anger and shame on those he can – his liberal and progressive base, and the independents who took a chance and 'hoped.'

As everyone knows, the Stiftung remained highly dubious that a 46 year old with two years in the Senate and no managerial experience at all has sufficient gravitas for this historical moment. Or put another way, he has not experienced enough national-level political combat to justify the absurdly high expectations pushed upon him, and which he passively aggressively courted. Hence, our moniker, 'Boy King' at the time.

For a brief moment we retired the nick name. Now, it seems insufficient.

Obama the man is the epitome so far of one who mistakes reading or talking about something with actually knowing or internalizing the experience of something. This we believe lies at the heart of Obama's foolish jump start of the Movement's unjustifiable resurgence. He does not 'get' active, real world nihilism.

Having spent decades in the bowels of the Movement we are not part of 'Obama's liberal Left [sic] base.' Nor are we wonks on health care policy. But we do know this: (i) the Movement savors flinching; and (ii) independents and others watching both the Movement and Obama will have another gut check on who is the stronger actor. That meta-political snapshot of strength will be the far more enduring and powerful emergent political truth than the technicalities of this bill or that one.

Obama demonstrates that he lacks the necessary internal strength to deal with the Movement, let alone assert a separate positive agenda. Democrats and the clueless commentariat in 2009 who remain willfully stupid deserve the political annihilation the Movement plans for them. Imagine, after Newt in Congress and 8 years of the Warlord, Alter can say this August that it's all an eye opener. 'It's amazing' to them — I think those were Alter's words — that the Movement disdains liberal democracy.

One can not engage in serious politics in the 21st Century with such people. The Movement plays for keeps. The Democrats just play. What remains unclear to us is whether the netroots writ large can rebuild a new Democratic Party from within fast enough. Or whether the whole rotten edifice needs toppling in favor of something new, unfettered with ghosts of mediocracies past.

The Stiftung's major interest is first preserving and then strengthening liberal democracy, knowing that the Movement only may be coaxed into mere participation at best, but does so with no fealty and a hunger to bring it all down. We do not carry here an ideological axe to grind on the current menu list of hot button issues. Our politics are perhaps best be described as classically liberal.

To all of our detriment America doesn't have a genuine 'Left' anymore (the word is our Emmanuel Goldstein as faux boogeyman). We leave reconstitution of a vibrant and healthy Left up to others. They have our best wishes. We worry whether Obama's weakness also will not bring down at least portions of the progressive movement vested in him. A week is a lifetime and all that. Still we hope they are self aware enough to know that they must jettison him when necessary despite the complicated emotions. Keep eyes on the prize.

All of us can't afford the Movement's return to actual power (as opposed to Obama's incredible gift now of letting the Movement govern by negative implication). We close by asking ourselves for the umpteenth time under the breath, 'Why are Democrats so stupid?'