News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Truck colors -- For Nigel

Started by Alethias, September 06, 2009, 07:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alethias

here is a paint chip chart for 1973 ford trucks:

The 2 identical trucks I'm remembering were the "Scandia Green Poly", If I'm not mistaken.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Most of these colors I have NEVER seen... are these for the F-series? It says "Bronco".

edit: I get it now, this chart is for the vans and Broncos. There's obviously overlap but there's no way to tell from this chart which of these colors the F-series came in. Was there a chip chart for the F-series only where you found this?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Alethias

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 06, 2009, 08:30:36 PM
Most of these colors I have NEVER seen... are these for the F-series? It says "Bronco".

edit: I get it now, this chart is for the vans and Broncos. There's obviously overlap but there's no way to tell from this chart which of these colors the F-series came in. Was there a chip chart for the F-series only where you found this?
Bah.  looks like I got the wrong color chart.  give me a bit.  I'll see what I can do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cool! Thanks! :) If you find one I'll be happy memorizing it and fap, fap fapping for HOURS.

Alethias

From the dupont paint chip library:
http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/data/Data/Trucks%20Assorted%20Vehicles/Trucks/Trucks%201971-1974/Trucks%201973/013368.jpg

and

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/data/Data/Trucks%20Assorted%20Vehicles/Trucks/Trucks%201971-1974/Trucks%201973/013369.jpg

Those are kinda large pics, so i did links instead of images.  Those are from the dupont color chip historical library, and appear to match the Ditzler chart.  It is apparently for ALL ford trucks.  I haven't found any charts that separate out only the Ford F150 colors for that year; therefore they list some colors that the F150 wasn't available in.  I haven't yet found a list of which of those were available for the F150.

If you are interested in researching the Dupont Color Chip Historical Library, here is a good starting point:
http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/?locale=en_US

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Very cool... yoinked and saved!

I like how the avocado is inexplicably called "Limestone green".  :?

Alethias

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 06, 2009, 09:45:07 PM
Very cool... yoinked and saved!

I like how the avocado is inexplicably called "Limestone green".  :?
I'm sure it made sense to whatever stupid automotive engineer that picked the names for the colors back in the early 1970's.  His wife or girlfriend probably saw his name choice and said "Say what???? That's Avocado!".

Alethias

I just figured out the legend on that ditzler chart.  Bronco Colors are marked with a small black square and Econolines with a small black triangle, and the asterisks are Ford Courier colors, so I think that means the ones that are left are the truck colors.

I'm assuming those would be used in some kinda combination on the Two-tone trucks.  I've seen a lot of old ford trucks that are two-tone with one of those reds and one of those whites, for example.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah the red and white was super-popular; also any of the greens (except "Limestone") and white seem to have been really popular.