News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Calucgi: The Game

Started by Idem, September 08, 2009, 12:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idem

http://actie.centraalbeheer.nl/commercialgame/caluccigame.htm

A weird German point-and-click flash adventure game.  You play as a guy under witness protection desperately trying to evade detection.

All of the audio is in English, and the whole thing is composed of real photography and videos.  I haven't completed it yet, but it's really fucking cool (and creepy) so far.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cramulus

brings me back to hypercard style adventures on the mac...

I wonder if point and click style games would have caught on if they had video. These kinds of games were reall popular for a while, and you don't see 'em anywhere anymore. It was when you started to see games on CD ROMS, and developers were all giddy they could include more graphics and audio than could fit on a 1.4 inch disk.

I just can't shake the feeling that this might have been better as a short film than a game. But then again - I don't think I made it too far so maybe there's a big twist.. After being discovered for the third time, I clicked away. That's also the drawback of the point-and-click adventure games, they're kind of drawn out.