News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Do you have to be into the occult to be a discordian?

Started by Anonymous Poster, September 08, 2009, 03:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

I found out about Discordia thru getting into the occult and chaos magic, but as Nigel rightly said, its not necessary.  These days that side of things isn't a huge concern for me, altho I still find it interesting.

Congratulations for cleaning up, and that was an amazing first post, welcome to PD

:mittens:

Mangrove

No, being into the occult is not necessary for being a Discordian.

However, what is necessary to being on PD.com is appeasing the 'Secret Chiefs' of SSOOKN (Semi Secret Order Of Kabbalistic Navigators).

This can largely be achieved by sending large sums of money to any of the following people. Please note, this list is by no means exhaustive:

Mangrove
LMNO
Cain
Pentagram (don't give him as much because he's been a bad boy)
Trip 000
Suu and generally anyone in or from New England

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Long time no see, Mang!

Thanks for reminding us what's important: People like them sending money to people like us.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Interestingly, in the pub today, we were talking about Freemasons, since about half our customers seem to be a member, and how we should make up our own secret society just to wind them up.  I'll name drop SSOOKN tomorrow.

Brotep

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2009, 04:44:21 PM
Interestingly, in the pub today, we were talking about Freemasons, since about half our customers seem to be a member, and how we should make up our own secret society just to wind them up.  I'll name drop SSOOKN tomorrow.

lol, awesome

this thread is full of warm fuzzies

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2009, 04:44:21 PM

Best news I've heard all week!

Make the masons jealous. Make them believe that SSOOKN is pretty much the esoteric equivalent of the Playboy mansion and while they're rolling up their trouser legs, we're rolling in money.

Make them curious. Make them really really want to join.

Then tell them to go fuck themselves.

:lulz:

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on September 10, 2009, 04:07:17 PM
Long time no see, Mang!

Thanks for reminding us what's important: People like them sending money to people like us.

It's good to be seen.

I've been living in 'interesting times' for a while. Things are going better now and while I still need a LOT more clients before I'm even close to making a living, Mrs Mang & I are still doing great. I've not been around too much lately because my brain has been in other places. I'll try and contribute a little more.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: tangidybobidy on September 26, 2009, 02:34:38 AM
thanks for all the replies and "warm fuzzies" peoples!  i don't know why i got so concerned with the occult being involved in discordianism...at the time i posted that i was getting stressed out about absolutely everything.  don't do hard drugs kiddies.  stick to weed and lsd.

oh and speaking about occultism, i'm actually liking austin osman spare.  i've been drawing and casting sigils left and right.  so i'm sorry if by 2012 there's a robert anton wilson zombie in the white house, a panda invasion of france, and a huge tit in place of the moon.  let's see if those sigil things work.
:lulz: