News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

09-09-09 (i.e. Hide under the bed if you're Japanese Day)

Started by Jenne, September 09, 2009, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Seems 09-09-09 for the Japanese would be like 13-13-13 (if we HAD a 13th month) for the US...interesting to note, if useless as far as info goes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(number) )

OF course, they could always switch to an alternate calendar for the day and then go back once the 9th day of the 9th month of the 9th year in the century was over...

Anyway, this date only crossed my mind with its idiosyncracies because it's the last time we'll see a triple single-digit date for this particular calendar system till the next century.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteThis page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

AFK

This, of course is the Ultimate Day of Nothing, in the Year of Nothing.  

Nein-Nein-Nein

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Cain

Jenne

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

That's NOT meh.  September birthdays DO seem prolific in the main, however.  Lots of people doing the nasty in January, what-what.

including myself (son #2's birthday is 9/17)

hooplala

Yes, i suspect I was conceived December 31, 1974/January 1, 1975
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

NWC

It also happens to be Get Married If You're Chinese Day: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8245765.stm

what is it with Asians and the number 9?
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Jenne

Ahem.  I threw a New Year's Eve party on 12/31/99...sorta partied like it was 1999...Prince made me do it.

(jungle punch NOTWITHSTANDING, dammit)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today is my first ex-husband's birthday. I  think he's 47 or something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I wonder what the Japanese must have done today when it was 09/09/09 09:09?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Huh.  My husband, brother and aunt (as well as a cousin thrice removed) all have the birthdate of September 22nd.

My mom calls them the 9/22 club.  Now THAT is meh.  :lulz: