News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

So, I hear the recession is over.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 09, 2009, 07:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Fucking banks and their black-box investigations (investigating loan apps from inside their computers, not outside, not dealing with the people behind the mortgages).  I heard an NPR report on it today that made my hair stand on end.  I puke and spit at the banks.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:02:13 PM
Fucking banks and their black-box investigations (investigating loan apps from inside their computers, not outside, not dealing with the people behind the mortgages).  I heard an NPR report on it today that made my hair stand on end.  I puke and spit at the banks.

Sometimes I laugh until I can't stop screaming.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Important Peoples stocks are doing OK, ergo, the recession is over. Fuck stupid "indictators" like unemployement (now at 40% in California) or wages or real-estate prices, the Nasdaq IS the economy!

Jenne

I wonder if that unemployement # in California has to do with the number of teachers and other government workers that have been laid off recently. I bet it does. 

Cramulus

40%??!

wow that's almost TWICE as bad as the height of the depression

Cain

Could be, I dunno

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/article?f=/n/a/2009/09/06/state/n000211D96.DTL

QuoteA report released Sunday says two of five working-age Californians do not have a job, underscoring the challenges in one of the toughest job markets in decades. A new study has found that the last time employment levels among this group were this low was February 1977.

Jenne

Well, I'm not surprised...there've been a lot of folks around THESE parts in San Diego out of a job.  A LOT.  I want to say 1 out of 10 families in our little community school.  Sad.  And I think the number will rise before it gets better.  We're going to see a mass exodus of CA soon.

Requia ☣

I'm not sure if I should be happy that the mass exodus might help save some people from the cluster fuck that is California or terrified that they might come here.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

I've said this before and I'll say it again:  CA is but a harbinger for what usually goes down in most of the rest of the country.

Just sayin'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:31:33 PM
Well, I'm not surprised...there've been a lot of folks around THESE parts in San Diego out of a job.  A LOT.  I want to say 1 out of 10 families in our little community school.  Sad.  And I think the number will rise before it gets better.  We're going to see a mass exodus of CA soon.

Ironically enough, during the recovery from the great depression, people went TO California.

Cramulus

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:35:28 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:  CA is but a harbinger for what usually goes down in most of the rest of the country.

Just sayin'.

oh snap, I can't wait to elect Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as president and legally grow weed in my basement.

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on September 09, 2009, 08:27:40 PM
40%??!

wow that's almost TWICE as bad as the height of the depression

Wow.

We've dropped to 3rd place!

-Suu
12.7% and holding strong!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Cramulus on September 09, 2009, 08:39:11 PM
Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:35:28 PM

Just sayin'.

oh snap, I can't wait to elect Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as president and legally grow weed in my basement.

:lulz:  Never say never, Cram.

Jenne

BTW, just met a doc who writes scripts for legal MJ for a living over the weekend.  He quit his DAY JOB because this is more lucrative than anything else he can do atm.  He's trying to get my husband to give some "hours" to the "effort" as well.

Interesting, very very interesting.