News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Going to get my annual review in an hour.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 09, 2009, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

This I gotta hear.  My boss just swears at me, these days.  If I stopped being effective for 10 minutes, he'd fire my ass.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

annual review? more like "anal revue", amirite?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on September 09, 2009, 08:14:46 PM
annual review? more like "anal revue", amirite?

He just called me and said, "I'm pushing it back 15 minutes because I need more coffee before I deal with you." and then he slammed the phone down.

I love my job.   :)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Oh jesus.  You DO have some sort of indemnity clause, though, IIRC?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: The key here is being so good at your job that they can't justify holding  back your raise/firing you no matter how badly they may wish they could.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 09, 2009, 08:29:17 PM
:lulz: The key here is being so good at your job that they can't justify holding  back your raise/firing you no matter how badly they may wish they could.

Yep.  Only a couple of years ago, he was a cheerful, optimistic man, who made a genuine effort to like everyone.  Now his hair is all gray, at age 50.

I love this place.   :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:27:08 PM
Oh jesus.  You DO have some sort of indemnity clause, though, IIRC?

I turned "being a dick" into a disability, if that's what you mean.   :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 08:38:23 PM
Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 08:27:08 PM
Oh jesus.  You DO have some sort of indemnity clause, though, IIRC?

I turned "being a dick" into a disability, if that's what you mean.   :lol:

:mittens:

Would that we all could do that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

1:08PM:  "I still can't deal with you.  I'll give you 15 minutes warning when I'm ready."

1:12PM:  <inarticulate howling, slam>

:)

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 09:22:42 PM
:lulz:  Roger Roger Roger.  :lulz:

I am, I am told, a horrible person.  I am a bad example for the crew, and I don't believe in the things I am supposed to believe in.

My boss is not an uber-patriot, you understand...he doesn't follow politics.  But he believes in mom and apple pie and the basic goodness of the American system and of people in general.  Then he runs into a veteran who laughs at these things, and makes horrible jokes about them, and he can't process it.

You see, he expected ME to be an uber-patriot, because I served, and he hates when I say shit that makes him look at things (mostly not political, mostly at the motivations of people around him) in a way he'd rather not see, and he's too honest of a man to not accept a horrible truth or three...but he hates me for it, and he wishes I'd just stay in my building.  But when I do, he's afraid I'm plotting something vile, like the bathroom incident of last spring.

Add to that the stresses of running a high maintenance refinery in this economy, and my jolliness about doom, and you get what we have today.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 09:32:48 PM

I am, I am told, a horrible person.  I am a bad example for the crew, and I don't believe in the things I am supposed to believe in.

My boss is not an uber-patriot, you understand...he doesn't follow politics.  But he believes in mom and apple pie and the basic goodness of the American system and of people in general.  Then he runs into a veteran who laughs at these things, and makes horrible jokes about them, and he can't process it.

You see, he expected ME to be an uber-patriot, because I served, and he hates when I say shit that makes him look at things (mostly not political, mostly at the motivations of people around him) in a way he'd rather not see, and he's too honest of a man to not accept a horrible truth or three...but he hates me for it, and he wishes I'd just stay in my building.  But when I do, he's afraid I'm plotting something vile, like the bathroom incident of last spring.

Add to that the stresses of running a high maintenance refinery in this economy, and my jolliness about doom, and you get what we have today.

So he makes it all too easy on ya, and he's a decent guy all around.  Poor guy has dug his own grave.

But on the flipside...he's not an impediment for ya, either!

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2009, 09:35:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 09, 2009, 09:32:48 PM

So he makes it all too easy on ya, and he's a decent guy all around.  Poor guy has dug his own grave.

But on the flipside...he's not an impediment for ya, either!

Actually, I really like the guy, which is why I try to help him.

TGRR,
Spiritual advisor to Big Oil.