News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Going to get my annual review in an hour.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 09, 2009, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So I go into his office, and he just sits there staring at me and twitching for 2 minutes.  Two full minutes, before he says a word.

Maybe he has that petite mal siezure thingie or something.

Or myabe it's just victory.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I...

I think I have a new hero.

Please to post end results. This I gotta hear. (I bet you score high on the technical end, that's what kills them)

Also: my review is at the end of the month. Maybe I'll start bugging them about it now. My boss hates it when I acknowledge her.

AFK

It's funny.  Right before I read this thread my Director e-mailed me the protocol she'll be using to review my performance in January.  A shot across the bow I suppose.  I too hope to learn from this. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on September 10, 2009, 03:40:16 PM
I...

I think I have a new hero.

Please to post end results. This I gotta hear. (I bet you score high on the technical end, that's what kills them)

Also: my review is at the end of the month. Maybe I'll start bugging them about it now. My boss hates it when I acknowledge her.

What killed him was that the review was excellent.  Technically, I was at about 95% (budget nailed me for 5%).  The interpersonal part was a little rockier.  Apparently, I do not play well with others.

As a result of having to give me a damn good review, the stress caused him to act like Inspector Cleusau (sp?)'s boss in the Pink Panther movies.

Only without the bigass death ray. :(

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Iason Ouabache

In some what backwardsly related news: We just started an "engagement"* survey here at work. When we took it 3 years ago we were worst in the nation. This year we are going for worst in the entire corporation!

*- Corporate bullshit speak for morale.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2009, 03:11:39 PM
So I go into his office, and he just sits there staring at me and twitching for 2 minutes.  Two full minutes, before he says a word.

Maybe he has that petite mal siezure thingie or something.

Or myabe it's just victory.

could have be medical
you should have called the ambulances right after
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Today, my boss explained that he doesn't hate me.  He just "wishes I lived in another country".

:hammer:

Pariah

Clouseau Roger!  :argh!:
                       \\

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 11, 2009, 03:13:40 AM
Today, my boss explained that he doesn't hate me.  He just "wishes I lived in another country".

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!  :D

Dysfunctional Cunt

You should ask if he would approve the financial backing for you to take over another country by force.....  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on September 11, 2009, 04:18:13 PM

You should ask if he would approve the financial backing for you to take over another country by force.....  :lulz:

No, this is Big Oil.  He just might do it.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 11, 2009, 05:12:30 PM
Quote from: Khara on September 11, 2009, 04:18:13 PM

No, this is Big Oil.  He just might do it.

But...  but.... that is a WIN WIN for everyone no?  Then we can all move to your country and give the other countries shit at UN meetings....

Darth Cupcake

Rog, I kinda love you.

Not in like the gross touchy-feely kind of way or anything.

Just, you know.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Dysnomia

We could invade Poland like everyone else does.  It could be renamed "Rogland".

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif