Douchebag interrupts speech to show his stupidity.

Started by LMNO, September 10, 2009, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

So, Joe "Sixpack" Wilson was rebuked via House leg today...what was said here?

Now, there was a Congressional Black Caucus debate that seemed to hold *some* water:  that Wilson was a rich white dude knocking down the first black president.  That was worthy of some note, I thought...though in reality perhaps more of a symptom rather than the disease.

But I think it's interesting that this is the way the Democrats choose to "fight back."  I think there are much better ways.

This is the first time such a thing has happened, btw.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Jenne on September 16, 2009, 05:05:21 AM

Now, there was a Congressional Black Caucus debate that seemed to hold *some* water:  that Wilson was a rich white dude knocking down the first black president.  That was worthy of some note, I thought...though in reality perhaps more of a symptom rather than the disease.

But I think it's interesting that this is the way the Democrats choose to "fight back."  I think there are much better ways.

Considering the rebuke was decided more or less among party lines (233 dems + 7 repubs for, 12 dems + 166 repubs against), I don't think the rebuke in and of itself really says all that much, other than that we still decide essentially meaningless issues more on reelection questions than anything else.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Iason Ouabache

:lulz: I just noticed that this headline could have been used for Joe Wilson or Kanye. Synchronicity, baby!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Change "speech" to "having her ass handed to her" and it applies to Serena Williams as well. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

2009: Not just the year everyone who ever mattered to anyone died. Also the year where everyone had an urge to interrupt in the most counter-productive and lulzy ways.

Jenne

Quote from: GA on September 16, 2009, 05:13:12 AM

Considering the rebuke was decided more or less among party lines (233 dems + 7 repubs for, 12 dems + 166 repubs against), I don't think the rebuke in and of itself really says all that much, other than that we still decide essentially meaningless issues more on reelection questions than anything else.

Oh I agree--in fact, until the Black Caucus got involved as they did, I was just seeing this as an easy knee-to-the-groin on the part of the Democrats.  Just like impeaching Clinton was for the House Republicans all those years ago.  Red herring issues, basically, that detract from "God's Work."

Fuquad

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Fuquad

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on September 16, 2009, 05:36:35 AM
:lulz: I just noticed that this headline could have been used for Joe Wilson or Kanye. Synchronicity, baby!
Douchebags happen in threes?
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

AFK

Quote from: Payne on September 16, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
2009: Not just the year everyone who ever mattered to anyone died. Also the year where everyone had an urge to--

Hey Payne, did I every tell you the one about the seal that walked into a club? 

Payne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2009, 06:12:43 PM
2009: Not just the year everyone who ever mattered to anyone died. Also the year where everyone had an urge to--

Hey Payne, did I ever--

FUCK OFF SPAG!

AFK

Quote from: Payne on September 16, 2009, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2009, 06:12:43 PM

Hey Payne, did I ever--

FUCK OFF SP---

You know, my uncle once told me this story about a cow and a farmer friend of his.  It was udderly hilarious!

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Jenne on September 16, 2009, 03:32:11 PM
Quote from: GA on September 16, 2009, 05:13:12 AM

Oh I agree--in fact, until the Black Caucus got involved as they did, I was just seeing this as an easy knee-to-the-groin on the part of the Democrats.  Just like impeaching Clinton was for the House Republicans all those years ago.  Red herring issues, basically, that detract from "God's Work."

It wasn't even an effective knee to the groin - they just gave the Republicans more opportunities to martyr Wilson and fuel for stupid protests.  At least impeaching Clinton tied up executive and party resources.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.