News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Douchebag interrupts speech to show his stupidity.

Started by LMNO, September 10, 2009, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/09/AR2009090903585.html?hpid=topnews

The hollerer was Wilson, a four-term Republican from South Carolina and former aide to the late Sen. Strom Thurmond.

And here's why he was wrong:  http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/sep/09/joe-wilson/joe-wilson-south-carolina-said-obama-lied-he-didnt/

Obama can make a pretty thorough case that reform doesn't apply to those here illegally. We don't find the public option argument enough to make the case that Obama "lied." We rate Wilson's statement False.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yeah but I mean, shouldn't you just holler out something nonsensical and false any time someone pauses in a speech?
I mean, c'mon.

Next time we have a meeting at work and my boss pauses to take a breath I think I'll shout out "Monkey balls on your face! Banana between your tits!!"

Same thing.

(I'm starting to hate the people in this country more and more... almost violently)

AFK

It's funny, my wife said she was going to do the same things at her meetings.  Cept it wasn't monkey balls and bananas, but I might suggest that to her as an alternative. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Yeah, that guy was foolish if he thought the GOP was going to stand by him.  But seriously, what do the GOP frontliners believe the nasty townhall meetings and the shameless rhetoric and wingnut pandering would lead to anyway?

Exactly what happened.

Dumbasses.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: LMNO on September 10, 2009, 04:02:41 PMThe hollerer was Wilson, a four-term Republican from South Carolina and former aide to the late Sen. Strom Thurmond.

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/notepad/2009/09/wilsons-lie-remark-floods-foe.html 
Quote from: articleProgressive Democrats took that as a cue to donate to his opponent, and accounts earmarked for Miller on the progressive Website Actblue jumped from a few thousand dollars to $105,943 between the speech and 9:15 a.m. on Thursday.

:lulz:
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Halfbaked1

Gotta say that it was a true Erisian moment, like Eris poked him in the ass with a golden thumbtack at just the right moment.  I applauded him when I heard it, it doesn't matter if I believe him or not, it was a beautiful moment.

Iason Ouabache

I am hoping that the Democrats are finally realizing that trying to be bipartisan with these asshats is worthless. They don't care about facts any more. They aren't even trying to debate things rationally. They just randomly yell shit when someone says something that they don't like. Fuck these obstructionists. Throw them over the side if they won't get out of the way.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Payne

What the fuck is this shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR49TbH4Y7k

That's how you ridicule the man "in charge".

Bloody colonials can't do anything right. hrrrhpmhmrpm mhpm rpprhrmhprm

The Good Reverend Roger

The congressman's opponent gained $200,000 in campaign contributions in 12 hours.  :lol:

Even Eric Cantor was pissed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Golden Applesauce

Sure, he let the party rhetoric get to his head.  But what's the big deal?  Okay, he didn't show due deference to a man elected by a majority of Americans.  Has that ever stopped us, and should we hold him to a different standard?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GA on September 11, 2009, 05:32:47 AM
Sure, he let the party rhetoric get to his head.  But what's the big deal?  Okay, he didn't show due deference to a man elected by a majority of Americans.  Has that ever stopped us, and should we hold him to a different standard?

Are we congressmen? On camera, at a President's speech? Until you can explain how our situation is the same as his, I cannot address your claim that we're holding him to a different standard.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Mr. Wilson was bought by the insurance industry a long time ago:

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/09/10/obama-speech-disrupter-a-health-industry-darling/

QuoteIn fact, over his entire congressional career, health professionals represent Wilson's top industry contributors, donating a total of $244,196 to his campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics OpenSecrets.org database. He received another $86,150 from pharmaceutical companies, $73,050 from insurance companies and $68,000 from hospitals and nursing homes.

Among Wilson's top contributors are the American Hospital Association, a lobby group that represents the interests of hospitals and health networks, and the American Medical Association, which represents physicians.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Sure, he let the party rhetoric get to his head.  But what's the big deal?  Okay, he didn't show due deference to a man elected by a majority of Americans.  Has that ever stopped us, and should we hold him to a different standard?

Well, there's the fact that he was completely wrong about the healthcare initiative is a good start.

If Obama really was lying, that would be one thing.  But Wilson had his head up his ass.  So fuck him.

AFK

If a Congressman is going to yell out "you lie", in a joint session of Congress, he should make sure he, himself, is correct.  There is specific language in HR 3200 that says the benefits outlined will be denied to any undocumented individual.  He isn't wrong for shouting, he is wrong, for being wrong. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

ok, you said that a lot better than I did.

Must be the vicodin.