News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Oh my Goddess, I think I just got enlightened!!!

Started by Gimoz, March 21, 2005, 09:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

hey, if it were our duty to personally lead the LDD through the veils of Limbo Peak
this place would be even more fucked up than it already is  :mrgreen:

ho ho ho we're so advanced

ah ho CRAMULUS

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on December 26, 2007, 07:58:35 PM
hey, if it were our duty to personally lead the LDD through the veils of Limbo Peak
this place would be even more fucked up than it already is  :mrgreen:

ho ho ho we're so advanced

ah ho CRAMULUS

Hail Hail and Hail Yes ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 26, 2007, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 26, 2007, 06:37:26 PM
Hear, hear.

I can see what you're saying... I have a feeling that amongst the complaints the pinealists have with PD.com is that some of us tend towards pragmatism over idealism... Or we're Idealistically Pragmatic.

I dunno if that makes sense.  My wife just took me out to lunch at a high-end sushi place.  I had some sake.  w00t.

Well, I think that and the wholesale vocal rejection of everything that most of them know about Discordianism. Don't get me wrong, every cult has its higher level where all of the n00b stuff gets replaced with some other stuff... but usually they hide that shit behind a initiation so that the n00b is inducted into a new mindset, and is brought to an understanding of how the old mindset isn't wrong... but rather that its just a model.

Many young, tragically hip Discordians have only read the PD and maybe some of Bob's books. Yet instead of folks here saying "Yes, that's really cool... didja notice how *insert thing* actually leads to *insert new concept*, we often tend to say "You have 50 posts to get that bullshit out of your system, or we will unleash that which cannot be named on your ass. Have a nice day."

When I began hanging out here more often than in the past, I found this mindset lame... not because it failed to embrace the old maps and models, but because often it appears (from the outside) that most people here would like to burn all of the old maps and models, rather than simply including newer maps and models alongside the old ones.

I think it comes from pragmatism in some sense... but it can appear more like genocide on occasion ;-)

Well, a lot of that comes from the absolute predictability of many of the pinealist posters.

After almost 5 years of that shit, it gets kind of irritating.  Every so often, I'll engage someone on Discordian theosophy, but you can only take so much "LOL23FNORDPINEALGLANDSMOKEWEEDPINEALERISERIERISERISERIS23232323LOL" before you want to punch someone.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on December 26, 2007, 08:01:32 PM
Hear, hear.

I can see what you're saying... I have a feeling that amongst the complaints the pinealists have with PD.com is that some of us tend towards pragmatism over idealism... Or we're Idealistically Pragmatic.

I dunno if that makes sense.  My wife just took me out to lunch at a high-end sushi place.  I had some sake.  w00t.

Well, I think that and the wholesale vocal rejection of everything that most of them know about Discordianism. Don't get me wrong, every cult has its higher level where all of the n00b stuff gets replaced with some other stuff... but usually they hide that shit behind a initiation so that the n00b is inducted into a new mindset, and is brought to an understanding of how the old mindset isn't wrong... but rather that its just a model.

Many young, tragically hip Discordians have only read the PD and maybe some of Bob's books. Yet instead of folks here saying "Yes, that's really cool... didja notice how *insert thing* actually leads to *insert new concept*, we often tend to say "You have 50 posts to get that bullshit out of your system, or we will unleash that which cannot be named on your ass. Have a nice day."

When I began hanging out here more often than in the past, I found this mindset lame... not because it failed to embrace the old maps and models, but because often it appears (from the outside) that most people here would like to burn all of the old maps and models, rather than simply including newer maps and models alongside the old ones.

I think it comes from pragmatism in some sense... but it can appear more like genocide on occasion ;-)

Well, a lot of that comes from the absolute predictability of many of the pinealist posters.

After almost 5 years of that shit, it gets kind of irritating.  Every so often, I'll engage someone on Discordian theosophy, but you can only take so much "LOL23FNORDPINEALGLANDSMOKEWEEDPINEALERISERIERISERISERIS23232323LOL" before you want to punch someone.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand that point quite well.  I speak only of appearance to the outside, not what reasons might exist within. For while we have been subject to 23PINEALFNORDS for 4, 5, 6, or even 23 years... some are just discovering it. Again, I think it might be similar to the 'degrees' in initatory societies. I'm sure that Thelemics get tired of hearing some n00b ranting about summoning Therion and Babelon (again). I'm sure some Wiccans get tired of hearing about some n00b's experience with "The Goddess" again and again.  I wonder if that's not the reason for degrees in some systems. So that the n00bs aren't destroyed, but rather guided. Those that aren't under the same delusions as a n00b can take refuge in their fellows of similar degree ;-)

Perhaps the other systems just evolved a mechanism to take care of their own PINEALISTS, while PDians just hits them with barstools ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Chairman Risus

Hear, hear.

I thought we called him Roger.  :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gimoz on March 21, 2005, 09:10:50 PM
WOAH!
I think I just got enligthened, just a few minutes ago. I was sitting here in front of my computer doing Nothing In Particular¬?,Ñ¢ when suddenly I realized that all sense and reason was seeping out of my mind, slowly emptying it. This feeling built up over a few minutes, and I could feel my brain processing enormous amounts of nothingness.

Then WAZOOOM! I see that nothing makes sense at all, and that makes perfect sense! Everything is here for a reason and no reason at all!

Nananananananananananananananananana!!!!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

//Gimoz, who's mind has intentionally been left blank.

Repost for the venting of contempt.

Having an attack of mania != "enlightenment".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dido

NWC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2007, 05:40:28 AM
WOAH!
I think I just got enligthened, just a few minutes ago. I was sitting here in front of my computer doing Nothing In Particular¬?,Ñ¢ when suddenly I realized that all sense and reason was seeping out of my mind, slowly emptying it. This feeling built up over a few minutes, and I could feel my brain processing enormous amounts of nothingness.

Then WAZOOOM! I see that nothing makes sense at all, and that makes perfect sense! Everything is here for a reason and no reason at all!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Repost for the venting of contempt.

Having an attack of mania != "enlightenment".

But it often feels like it to the person experiencing in. In my most recent manic episode, the most intense I've ever had(I did not sleep or eat for over 3 weeks), I was feeling enlightened for a bit, but then my skepticism kicked in and I started writing a book about mania. I wrote a complete outline and about 200 pages, and it's about halfway done. It's kindof like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance hopped up on active schizophrenia(it's actually much more complicated than that, but I don't really feel like explaining the whole thing right now, maybe when it's finished).

That being said, mania can lead to varying forms of enlightenment, for the sole reason that one can be awake and thinking for 3 weeks, and achieve things mentally in that time. However, most of that enlightenment, for me at least, well I don't really know how to explain it, except maybe fnord23pinealgland.

Kidding, but yeah, I did learn alot about myself and the nature of many in those 3 weeks, but that's cos I had nothing better to do.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

The Good Reverend Roger

WOAH!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Don't do drugs, kids.  Give them to TGRR.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 26, 2007, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 26, 2007, 08:01:32 PM
Hear, hear.

THIS

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand that point quite well.  I speak only of appearance to the outside, not what reasons might exist within. For while we have been subject to 23PINEALFNORDS for 4, 5, 6, or even 23 years... some are just discovering it. Again, I think it might be similar to the 'degrees' in initatory societies. I'm sure that Thelemics get tired of hearing some n00b ranting about summoning Therion and Babelon (again). I'm sure some Wiccans get tired of hearing about some n00b's experience with "The Goddess" again and again.  I wonder if that's not the reason for degrees in some systems. So that the n00bs aren't destroyed, but rather guided. Those that aren't under the same delusions as a n00b can take refuge in their fellows of similar degree ;-)

Perhaps the other systems just evolved a mechanism to take care of their own PINEALISTS, while PDians just hits them with barstools ;-)