News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

There has Error!

Started by ~, September 11, 2009, 10:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

There has Error!

Cain

Some of the Boing-Boing commentators are so unredeemably stupid:

QuoteI hate to admit it, since I despise Glenn Beck, but the domain name itself does form a statement accusing Mr. Beck of committing a felony that hasn't been proven. I'm no attorney, but I'd say in this particular situation he would have a case. If it was something more generic, like

www.glennbeckisadouchebag.com

I'd think it was funny. But stating to the public, even in the form of a domain name, that someone has committed a heinous crime without any evidence is indeed defamatory. I think more people would agree if the target wasn't someone so detestable. Basically, I agree with Mr. Levy's assessment in the linked article

SATIRE, MOTHERFUCKER!  HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT?
\

The point, you see, the point is, Glenn Beck feels it is perfectly alright to accuse people of felonies without evidence and then put the burden of proof on them, to prove their innocence.  Therefore, when the same is done to him, and he shrieks and cries like a big girl's blouse and uses lawyers to shut such a site down, his hypocrisy, and humour, are revealed.

Sir Squid Diddimus

In the comments:
"I've been wary of such URLs after learning that, in fact, Barack Obama is NOT my new bicycle."

Maybe because I've had 2 hours of sleep but  :lulz: :lulz:

Cramulus

I wonder how many times somebody's going to say "Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990" in court.

this joke really is the gift that keeps on giving

Bruno

Also, nevar forget: Jerry Falwel had sex with his mom in an outhouse.

Formerly something else...

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Heh, too bad the people running the website lacked testicles.

Requia ☣

Because this worked *so* well for Barbara Streisand.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.