News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Max Blumenthal's Republican Gemorrah book

Started by Jenne, September 11, 2009, 04:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2009, 02:18:14 PM
Yeah, the continued coverups of systemic child abuse, constant campaigns against contraception and safe sex in third world countries, complicity in organised crime and shilling for third world dictators aren't that important, I guess.  So long as they're not knocking on peoples doors or spazzing out in public.

Beat me to it, fucker.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I've been reading The Family again recently, after a break.  It has convinced me that fundamentalists who work behind the scenes and act disdainful of more vocal fundies are actually the worst ones.  At least you know where the ones who speak in tongues, freak out when they see a gay couple etc actually stand.  Its the fuckers in suits and with million dollar budgets and access to Senators, who act all "respectable" and inflict their religious nuttery through legislation or diplomatic muscle that are the real bastards.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2009, 02:18:14 PM
Yeah, the continued coverups of systemic child abuse, constant campaigns against contraception and safe sex in third world countries, complicity in organised crime and shilling for third world dictators aren't that important, I guess.  So long as they're not knocking on peoples doors or spazzing out in public.

I don't think anybody wants to claim the Catholic Church isn't full of nutters and asshats, but most Catholics themselves seem to have avoided following in the footsteps of the priesthood.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Does it matter?  It obviously doesn't bother them enough to consider not supporting the Church.  Words are cheap, and they're still going to Mass and donating money.

Requia ☣

It's not really part of the Catholic culture to change religion, ever.  You can stop going to church altogether, but I met one of the victims who *still* wouldn't consider going to a different church, it was Catholic or nothing.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.