Main Menu

Political quotes of the moment

Started by Cain, September 13, 2009, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Elder Iptuous

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 09:02:15 PM
"In the GOP we advocate theocratic fascism and representative, limited democracy because we believe voters are smart enough to figure out which one's right"?

ZING
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Iptuous on August 18, 2011, 08:54:06 PM
good lord. what an embarrassment.
:oops:
i didn't know they actually taught creationism in TX now....

"In Texas we teach both phlogiston and oxidation, because I figure you're smart enough to figure out which one's right,"
"In Texas we teach both lamarckism and genetics, because I figure you're smart enough to figure out which one's right,"
"In Texas we teach both luminiferous aether and relativity, because I figure you're smart enough to figure out which one's right,"

I've been saying for years that oxidation is a myth started by the Relative Genetics Movement.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 09:02:15 PM
"In the GOP we advocate theocratic fascism and representative, limited democracy because we believe voters are smart enough to figure out which one's right"?

Fucking YEAH.

Cain, wins yet again.

PopeTom

In America we offer you both Republican and Democrat because we figure you're not smart enough to figure out they are pretty much the same thing.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Luna

Interviewer:  "Governor, why does Texas continue with abstinence education programs when they don't seem to be working?  In fact, I think we have the third highest teen pregnancy rate in the country."

Governor Perry:  "Abstinence works."

Interviewer:  "...  But...  We have the third highest teen pregnancy rate among all the states in the country.  The question's point is, it doesn't seem to be working."

Perry:  "It...  It...  It WORKS..."

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39050_Video-_Rick_Perrys_Abstinence_Problem

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on August 21, 2011, 01:41:50 AM
Interviewer:  "Governor, why does Texas continue with abstinence education programs when they don't seem to be working?  In fact, I think we have the third highest teen pregnancy rate in the country."

Interviewer:  "...  But...  We have the third highest teen pregnancy rate among all the states in the country.  The question's point is, it doesn't seem to be working."

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39050_Video-_Rick_Perrys_Abstinence_Problem

Wow, that was uncomfortable...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

PopeTom

Why do they act like abstinence isn't part of a more realistic sex-ed program?

"OK kids, the only way to 100% guarantee that you won't get pregnant1 or an STD is to not have sex.  However since that's entirely unrealistic here are some other methods to keep you from becoming a parent before your time and/or giving yourself toxic lumpy genitals."

1Unless of course God wants to knock you up to bring Jesus back.  Nothing is going to stop that shit.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

BadBeast

On the new film about the reign of the Witch Queen of Grantham.

Friends of Lady Thatcher are furious at the timing of the film starring Meryl Streep, which is due to be released in January. The former Prime Minister has  been forced to give up public appearances following a series of strokes Political mistakes 9going back over 30 years) and is so poorly incontinent and  widely  hated, she was unable to attend the unveiling of a statue of her political ally Pet Gimp, Ronald Reagan in London last month.

"Any portrayal of Margaret Thatcher that does not show her as one of the titans of British politics in the 20th Century will be a travesty"  Tory MP, Conor Burns (I hope he does)

"I didn't come here to see a film about granny going mad."  One un-named "Viewer"

"There is no such thing as Society"

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

On the new film about the reign of the Witch Queen of Grantham.

Friends of Lady Thatcher are furious at the timing of the film starring Meryl Streep, which is due to be released in January. The former Prime Minister has  been forced to give up public appearances following a series of strokes Political mistakes 9going back over 30 years) and is so poorly incontinent and  widely  hated, she was unable to attend the unveiling of a statue of her political ally Pet Gimp, Ronald Reagan in London last month.

"Any portrayal of Margaret Thatcher that does not show her as one of the titans of British politics in the 20th Century will be a travesty"  Tory MP, Conor Burns (I hope he does)

"I didn't come here to see a film about granny going mad."  One un-named "Viewer"

"There is no such thing as Society" M.Thatcher

"It's insufferable that she (Thatch) put her career before me and the children" Denis Thatcher.

"We are a Grandmother" Some crazy old bitch.

"I have every confidence in Jeffrey (Archer) both as a colleague, and as a friend". Thatch, again showing remarkable judgement of character.

"Bring me more kittens, I've run out of kittens!"  Lady Thatcher yesterday, from her rubber room.

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

Neil Degrasse Tyson: The Smartest Man in the Room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJFbOfA4SE&feature=youtu.be

a quick quote from him about what's wrong with politicians: they're all lawyers!

Doktor Howl

This would have been better if he'd throttled the interviewer, screamed at the camera, and jumped out the studio window, running amok through Downtown Dallas.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on August 22, 2011, 06:26:37 PM
Neil Degrasse Tyson: The Smartest Man in the Room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJFbOfA4SE&feature=youtu.be

a quick quote from him about what's wrong with politicians: they're all lawyers!

Wow, it's so obvious, and he's SO FUCKING RIGHT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 22, 2011, 06:29:29 PM

This would have been better if he'd throttled the interviewer, screamed at the camera, and jumped out the studio window, running amok through Downtown Dallas.

I could have RESPECTED that.  The deer in the headlights, thumb up his ass response of "but... butwe just aren't teaching it RIGHT, or they're doing it WRONG" made me want to reach through the screen and throttle him with his own dick.