News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Political quotes of the moment

Started by Cain, September 13, 2009, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on September 21, 2011, 03:05:03 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on September 20, 2011, 02:56:11 PM
Quote from: Luna on September 20, 2011, 12:38:42 AM
"I refuse to believe that corporations are people until Texas executes one."

:mittens:

yoinked!
double-yoinked.

Two corporations merge, and then the combined corporation merges with a third corporation.  If corporations are people, then how come nobody gets charged with bigamy?

The third company was joined in a 'spiritual merger'...

Doktor Howl

Anyone catch the teabaggers at last night's GOP debate?

A Gay soldier was mentioned as currently serving in Afghanistan.  The teabaggers booed and jeered.

Good thing the tea party isn't all about hate.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

maphdet

The government today announced that it's changing its symbol to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.
A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed!

If this belongs to a different quote/whatnot thread, feel free to move. My lazy ass couldn't find where else to put it.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 23, 2011, 05:14:58 PM

A Gay soldier was mentioned as currently serving in Afghanistan.  The teabaggers booed and jeered.

Good thing the tea party isn't all about hate.   :lulz:

If anyone has an issue with a gay soldier serving in a war zone, I humbly submit that they should take that soldier's place.

Shitheads.

ETA:
http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2011/09/gop-debate-a-brave-soldier.html
http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/09/23/he-had-it-coming-all-along

Christ.  The soldier wasn't mentioned, he was on live feed from a goddamn war zone.  And not one of the bastards on the podium said shit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on September 23, 2011, 05:31:05 PM

A Gay soldier was mentioned as currently serving in Afghanistan.  The teabaggers booed and jeered.

If anyone has an issue with a gay soldier serving in a war zone, I humbly submit that they should take that soldier's place.

Shitheads.

ETA:
http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2011/09/gop-debate-a-brave-soldier.html

Christ.  The soldier wasn't mentioned, he was on live feed from a goddamn war zone.  And not one of the bastards on the podium said shit.

Holy shit.
Molon Lube

Cain

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2011, 07:47:58 PM
SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

EXCEPT FOR THE FAGGOTS!

New bumper sticker: "I Support More Gay Troops Than You."

BRB.

LMNO

Salty

NICE.
Oh that one is going to go far and wide.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 23, 2011, 07:52:09 PM

Credit to the Marines, they can actually probably plausibly claim this.  The Marine response to DADT is "we're going to be the best damn recruiters of homosexuals out of all five branches of the military!"  And to prove it, they decided on the day DADT was cancelled to go recruiting in a gay community centre in Tulsa.

LMNO

Ok, that's fairly incredibly awesome.

Cain

Here we go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/us/marine-recruiters-visit-gay-center-in-oklahoma.html?ref=politics&pagewanted=all

QuoteThe Marines were the service most opposed to ending the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, but they were the only one of five invited branches of the military to turn up with their recruiting table and chin-up bar at the center Tuesday morning. Although Marines pride themselves on being the most testosterone-fueled of the services, they also ferociously promote their view of themselves as the best. With the law now changed, the Marines appear determined to prove that they will be better than the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard in recruiting gay, lesbian and bisexual service members.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: maphdet on September 23, 2011, 05:28:44 PM
The government today announced that it's changing its symbol to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.
A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed!

If this belongs to a different quote/whatnot thread, feel free to move. My lazy ass couldn't find where else to put it.

This has been circulating on Facebook for at least two years. No one seems to have an attribution for it, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 23, 2011, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: Luna on September 23, 2011, 05:31:05 PM

Shitheads.

ETA:

Holy shit.

That did it, Dok.  Rage rediscovered.

Who in the fucking hell do these "patriots" think they are fooling?  "USA, revenge for 9/11, WAR!"

"Oh but not the faggots!  Boo!  I must boo louder than ANYONE, or they might think I'm one of THEM!  So what if he's serving his country, putting his life on the line? I don't agree with him, he's WRONG, so FUCK HIM!"

Jesus H. CHRIST on a broomstick, what is WRONG with people?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."