News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Political quotes of the moment

Started by Cain, September 13, 2009, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Or between his son and his daughters, in the case of the Duggars.

Rev Thwack

Hey, if God can tell two chicks to rape their father when he's drunk, why couldn't it be God's will for a guy to molest his sisters?
My balls itch...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 11, 2015, 05:27:31 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/mar/04/ben-carson/ben-carson-many-prisoners-go-straight-come-out-gay/

In a March 4 interview, the likely 2016 presidential contender said he believes that legalizing same-sex marriage is a decision that should be left to the states. He also argued that homosexuality is a choice, rather than biological.

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," said Carson, a former head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

You know, I was hoping Carson wasn't going to be a dingbat seeing as how he's a former neurosurgeon. I guess the best hope is an educated idiot.

He's always been a dingbat.
Molon Lube

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 12, 2015, 03:09:15 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/mar/04/ben-carson/ben-carson-many-prisoners-go-straight-come-out-gay/

In a March 4 interview, the likely 2016 presidential contender said he believes that legalizing same-sex marriage is a decision that should be left to the states. He also argued that homosexuality is a choice, rather than biological.

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," said Carson, a former head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

You know, I was hoping Carson wasn't going to be a dingbat seeing as how he's a former neurosurgeon. I guess the best hope is an educated idiot.

I'm gathering.  He seemed relatively intelligent in a podcast interview i listened to recently but so much for that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 12, 2015, 03:56:13 PM

I'm gathering.  He seemed relatively intelligent in a podcast interview i listened to recently but so much for that.

Intelligent people can hold bad ideas.

It's difficult to internalize that, because it is far easier to assume that people who hold bad ideas are simply stupid, and that therefore you cannot hold bad ideas because you are intelligent.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The reason this is important to me is because IMO it is crucial to be able to recognize that intelligent people whom we admire, and in fact ourselves as intelligent people, can hold bad ideas.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 13, 2015, 07:01:35 AM
The reason this is important to me is because IMO it is crucial to be able to recognize that intelligent people whom we admire, and in fact ourselves as intelligent people, can hold bad ideas.

:mittens:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 13, 2015, 06:59:02 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 12, 2015, 03:56:13 PM

Intelligent people can hold bad ideas.

It's difficult to internalize that, because it is far easier to assume that people who hold bad ideas are simply stupid, and that therefore you cannot hold bad ideas because you are intelligent.

I know this internally but I hate to admit it. I have too much hope i think.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Demolition Squid on June 13, 2015, 07:42:01 AM

QuoteIntelligent people can hold bad ideas.

That needs to be slapped on pictures of people and shoved around a bit.

Dawkins, for one, I think. Results should amuse.

Big words?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 13, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

Big words?

I am in favor of this course of action.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 14, 2015, 05:50:29 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 13, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

Big words?

I am in favor of this course of action.

I will add it to the big doc

Bu🤠ns

Hillary Clinton: "President Obama and I were literally hunting the Chinese."

Cain

:lulz:

I'm not sure I want to know the context...

Meunster

I just imagine them together in some Vietnamese war theater. Deep in the forest listening for voices, cleaning their m16's, covering each other when their guns jam. Looking for the Chinese supplying the vietcong with guns. Sharing a smoke after a long day.

I've probably been reading too much jungle jim.
Poe's law ;)

minuspace