News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Political quotes of the moment

Started by Cain, September 13, 2009, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

"Trust me, after taxes, a million dollars is not a lot of money." - RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/06/steele-million-not-alot/
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Dysnomia

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2010, 01:07:33 PM
Joe Biden on why Obama ran for President:

Quote"Well, you know, look, that's the reason he ran for president, to separate the future from the past."

Perhaps we need a pention, to stop Kenyan Presidents splitting the time stream and using it against us, or  :?

It's official.  President Obama is the COOLEST. PRESIDENT. EVER.   :lulz:  He should ride around in a DeLorean. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jenne

Quote from: Jason Wabash on February 09, 2010, 12:13:58 AM
“Trust me, after taxes, a million dollars is not a lot of money." - RNC Chairman Michael Steele.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/06/steele-million-not-alot/

...I see it's been a while since the good chairman's been middle class.

Cain

Well if its not a lot, then Steele wont mind giving me a million dollars, after taxes.

Doktor Howl

Glenn Beck was on at the gym last night.  Check this out:

"Progressives are a cancer.  When you get cancer, a doctor isn't going to tell you to smoke filtered cigarettes, you have to get rid of them.  And I'm saying that progressives are a national cancer.  You tell me the solution."

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Ah, Beck.  Nothing like directly aping the language of fascism to get your audience going, is there?

"The Jews are a Cancer on the breast of Germany"
- Adolf Hitler

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 04:13:49 PM
Ah, Beck.  Nothing like directly aping the language of fascism to get your audience going, is there?

"The Jews are a Cancer on the breast of Germany"
- Adolf Hitler

Even working the word "solution in.  That should be bonus points.
Molon Lube

Cain

I actually overlooked that.  Oh yes, bonus points certainly.

Cain

John Caruso pwns pwog idealists who bemoan the lack of a "viable alternative" to the Democrats

QuoteLiberals like Feffer (and he's far from being the only one) apparently want to see a new "progressive" party spring to life fully formed like Athena popping out of Zeus's skull, somehow instantly gaining ballot access in all 50 states and going directly from non-existence to 16% of the national vote in a single election cycle—though they themselves won't actually vote for this miracle party until the next election cycle, once it's a known "viable" quantity.  And until all of that happens, they refuse to throw their vote away!  On anyone but the Democrats, that is.

I sometimes imagine a dialog with a drowning liberal:

DROWNING LIBERAL: Help!  Help!

ME: You seem to be drowning.  Here, let me throw you this life preserver.

DL: No!  How do I know that life preserver is viable?  It might dissolve on contact with salt water!  I won't grab it unless I see twenty million other people use it first!

ME: Well, that's up to you.  But I have to say that no matter what, I think it'd be better than what you're holding on to now.

DL: You mean this anchor?

ME: Yeah, that.

DL: Well, it's very easy to say that, but how can I be sure?  That life preserver may never have been tested in the water, whereas this anchor is obviously a viable seafaring device!  Sure, in some ideal world the life preserver might be better, but this anchor is serving its intended purpose in the actual ocean right now!  And furthermore <glub glub glub>.

You might be tempted to feel sorry for poor DL, but don't worry—there are millions more exactly like him.

Jasper

I think I'm going to start 'throwing my vote away'.  Things won't improve unless I vote for who I really want.

Iason Ouabache

"Libertarianism. A simple-minded right-wing ideology ideally suited to those unable or unwilling to see past their own sociopathic self-regard." Iain Banks

This thread is about to explode, btw: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/02/libertarianism_defined.php
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jason Wabash on February 15, 2010, 05:58:00 PM
"Libertarianism. A simple-minded right-wing ideology ideally suited to those unable or unwilling to see past their own sociopathic self-regard." Iain Banks

This thread is about to explode, btw: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/02/libertarianism_defined.php

Woot.  I'll hit it after the gym tonight.  I like the quote a bunch, and I plan to use it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Except, of course, for the fact that Libertarianism is not in the slightest self-interest of Libertarians.
Molon Lube

Cain

QuoteIt's perhaps the biggest threat to the nation's mental wellbeing, yet it's freely available on every street – for pennies. The dealers claim it expands the mind and bolsters the intellect: users experience an initial rush of emotion (often euphoria or rage), followed by what they believe is a state of enhanced awareness. Tragically this "awareness" is a delusion. As they grow increasingly detached from reality, heavy users often exhibit impaired decision-making abilities, becoming paranoid, agitated and quick to anger. In extreme cases they've even been known to form mobs and attack people. Technically it's called "a newspaper", although it's better known by one of its many "street names", such as "The Currant Bun" or "The Mail" or "The Grauniad" (see me – Ed).

In its purest form, a newspaper consists of a collection of facts which, in controlled circumstances, can actively improve knowledge. Unfortunately, facts are expensive, so to save costs and drive up sales, unscrupulous dealers often "cut" the basic contents with cheaper material, such as wild opinion, bullshit, empty hysteria, reheated press releases, advertorial padding and photographs of Lady Gaga with her bum hanging out. The hapless user has little or no concept of the toxicity of the end product: they digest the contents in good faith, only to pay the price later when they find themselves raging incoherently in pubs, or – increasingly – on internet messageboards.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/mar/22/charlie-brooker-newspapers-dangerous-drug

Charlie Brooker wins an internets.

bds