News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Bonejangles

Started by Shai Hulud, September 13, 2009, 11:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shai Hulud

Hi everyone, I have a new webcomic called Bonejangles, that has sort of a Discordian flavor to it.  You all can be the judges of that.  Here's a sample comic.  Any feedback is appreciated.

By the way, I am a big fan of the Illuminatus trilogy, so it is nice to be here on the Discordian forums!

Telarus

Welcome Guy. Be sure to check out the Pool on the Roof.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bu🤠ns

HI and welcome.

So you fancy drawing skeletons that you make a whole webcomic?  That's pretty cool.

Where do you draw your inspiration for your drawing?

Tell us more!

Jenne

Hey, they look a lot like the Mexican calaveras you see everywhere down here in San Diego. 

Such as:

Pretty cool.

Richter

Just read it, and it's enjoyable.

Like "Red Meat", or "Garfield" (meant to be a complimentary comparisson here), the brevity really assists the humor.  I'd like to see the other characters that grow out of it as you work on other ideas and beliefs.

Also like Max Cannon and Jim Davis, it does repeat visually.  Not to a degree that puts me off though. 
Thanks for bringing it around, I'll be watching for more. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Shai Hulud

Hey thanks for the kind words everybody!

@ Burns and Jenne
This comic is very much influenced by Mexican Day of the Dead art.  My particular favorite is a Mexican illustrator named Posada, who pretty much invented the style.  I do like to take it out of the Mexican context, however.

@Richter
Thanks, I'm really glad you like it!  I was hoping that the cut/paste aspect wouldn't put people off.  Some are, some aren't.  So it goes. 

@Telarus
Ok, you got me, what's the pool on the roof?

Cramulus

Quote from: Guy_Incognito on September 22, 2009, 10:51:45 PM
@Telarus
Ok, you got me, what's the pool on the roof?

There's a pool in the Principa Discussion subforum (considered "the roof" because it's the topmost forum).

Cramulus

also, the recent batch of bonejangles has been great!

esp.

and

and

:mittens:

Jenne

:lulz:  LOVE these!  I'm sharin yo' shit, dude!  Thanks for letting me know--I have a tender spot in the region of my ticker for the calaveras and the ofrendas that come out at the end of October.  :D

Bu🤠ns

HAHAHA 

It's so simple...and i mean that in a good way.  The style is great and the simplicity premise allows for a lot...nice!

Telarus

I agree, Burns. This would make great material for Intermittens. I'd like to see some serial content across multiple issues.

Guy, have you run across our magazine, Intermittens, yet? http://intermittens.theinvisiblecollege.com/

Issue 8 is currently in layout, :wink: :wink.
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Shai Hulud

Hey, thanks for all the great feedback and comments everybody! 

@ Telarus, I've heard it talked about, just checking out the Intermittens website.  Thanks for pointing me in that direction.  I'ma go make an account right now!

Telarus

Cool, glad I could pique your interest. Intermittens is one of our memetic vectors to get 'wide' exposure for our content.

The mag has a rotating editorship, basically each issue has it's own editor. The current issue in layout is #8 (editor:Broken AI). We usually co-ordinate via threads in the Think For Yourself, Schmuck forum. Here's a link to that thread to get you started: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21841.0

Ratatosk (Dr. Rat Bastard) runs the website, but we really haven't been collaborating through there recently.

So, keep bugging Broken AI and you'll probably see your stuff 'in print'.  8)
Telarus, KSC,

LMNO

Shai Hulud

Thanks LMNO, thats one of my personal favorite jokes as well.  Glad to see it got a good response!