News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Obama wants to re-up Patriot Acts

Started by Jenne, September 16, 2009, 07:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 03:45:07 AM
Quote from: fomenter on September 23, 2009, 03:42:04 AM
Quote from: Cainad on September 23, 2009, 12:57:29 AM
For fuck's sake, is it even legal for me to become bitter and jaded before the age of 20?

just avoid being cantankerous or acting like a curmudgeon and you shouldn't run  afoul of the union, us legally jaded old timers secretly take pride when we see a youngster become a cynic.. :wink:

No we don't.  There's only so much room on the fucking park bench.

bigger benches will be needed,

its a sign of the times
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

For fuck's sake, is it even legal for me to become bitter and jaded before the age of 20?

I certainly hope so or else I'm screwed.
But in my defense I go to a HIGH SCHOOL (bad enough as it is) in this mockery of a city that ye mortals like to call Spokane.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 23, 2009, 03:57:02 AM

But in my defense I go to a HIGH SCHOOL (bad enough as it is) in this mockery of a city that ye mortals like to call Spokane.

Shit, you've got a jump even on me. :x

There's a rant in here somewhere about being the generation that finished off the Republic.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on September 23, 2009, 05:00:39 PM

There's a rant in here somewhere about being the generation that finished off the Republic.

That would have been my generation, and the one immediately preceding it.

However, the republic has been dead for 144 years.  Lincoln saved the union, but destroyed the republic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 05:30:04 PM

No no no

Your generation BOUGHT the Death Rattle of the Republic for only $49.99 after mail-in rebate

my generation are the toddlers who shall wield that rattle and whack our siblings in the face with it before shitting the bed and the nightlight burns out and no one gets any sleep anymore because BABY WANTS ENTERTAINMENT AND DISTRACTION, DAMN IT!

Idem

Quote from: Cainad on September 23, 2009, 05:36:06 PM

No no no

Your generation BOUGHT the Death Rattle of the Republic for only $49.99 after mail-in rebate

my generation are the toddlers who shall wield that rattle and whack our siblings in the face with it before shitting the bed and the nightlight burns out and no one gets any sleep anymore because BABY WANTS ENTERTAINMENT AND DISTRACTION, DAMN IT!

:lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on September 23, 2009, 05:36:06 PM

No no no

Quite right.  We should have strangled you at birth.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.