News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Obama wants to re-up Patriot Acts

Started by Jenne, September 16, 2009, 07:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 17, 2009, 12:07:14 AM
I hate to say it, but maybe we actually would have been better with McCain / Palin. They would be too dumb to be devious.
Never underestimate the power of stupid. Hanlon's Razor cuts both ways.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

fomenter

whether they seem smart or stupid, evil or good, and no matter what they say,
what those in power want is what you get...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2009, 10:21:19 PM
There's gambling going on here?

[/Claude Rains]

You win 10,000 internets for that reference!  *hands Rog his markers*

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 17, 2009, 05:27:03 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2009, 10:21:19 PM
There's gambling going on here?

[/Claude Rains]

You win 10,000 internets for that reference!  *hands Rog his markers*

Oh, thank you.

[/Claude Rains very next line, of course]
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 17, 2009, 12:07:14 AM
I hate to say it, but maybe we actually would have been better with McCain / Palin. They would be too dumb to be devious.

They don't need to be devious.  That's what the Neocon contingent are for.

Besides, going by McCain's and Palin's comments during the Iran election crisis, we'd be at war with the Iranian regime right now, if they had been in power.  Wanna see the true extent of Iranian influence in the Middle East and Central Asia?  I sure don't.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2009, 10:10:30 PM
As horrible as The Smiler is turning out to be, it beats the hell out of a Palin presidency.

Why do you hate Freedom? Palin could have been the best thing to ever happen to this country, bring the whole thing crashing down on it's head.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Kai on September 18, 2009, 12:41:52 PM
As horrible as The Smiler is turning out to be, it beats the hell out of a Palin presidency.

Why do you hate Freedom? Palin could have been the best thing to ever happen to this country, bring the whole thing crashing down on it's head.

:lulz:

Sometimes I think total collapse is the optimal solution.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Triple Zero

But Palin would turn the White House into a semi-spherical tank-like metallic mobile subterranean fortress, that looks the same way both backwards and forward.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 18, 2009, 02:38:52 PM

:lulz:

Sometimes I think total collapse is the optimal solution.

Yeah, same here, until I remember that I'd be dead without modern medicine, and my daughter would have died at 6 months old.

If you want total collapse, move to Somalia.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

There is still funny to be wrung out of the system. 

Besides, I LIKE seeing monkeys cram themselves into cubes.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 18, 2009, 04:51:35 PM

There is still funny to be wrung out of the system. 

Besides, I LIKE seeing monkeys cram themselves into cubes.

There's funny in every system. Funny is an inherent part of the human situation.

Having a reasonable government would still have plenty of funny. Think Discworld's Vetinari, a benevolent tyrant Machiavelli. Reasonable, and yet still so much funny.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Somalia is not sufficiently collapsed. Dysfunctional, sure, but not collapsed.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As delightful as the idea of total collapse is on one level, I'm scared of it because I know damn well that a bunch of people I love would die.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."