News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

ANARCHISM: The Thread!

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, September 17, 2009, 12:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfbaked1

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2009, 05:47:46 PM
Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 19, 2009, 04:05:59 AM
I have identified myself as an Anarchist of late. 

Well, this thread is good for one thing.  Flushes out the Starbucks crowd.
I didn't realize that I fit the descriptor until recently either mate.  Just like I didn't realize that I was best suited to Discordianism until I found the Principia and started to grasp the tenets.  Like I said, I have not read as much on the subject as I would like, and I intend to deal with that.  The point of my inquiry is not to make myself seem like I am something or somebody, but rather to get a better understanding of the term since I have people like you guys who have already delved into it.  I am a n00b, I realize that and I want to wrap my pitiful little chunk of gray matter around the concpts that I am now becoming aware of. 

And just for reference, I can't stand Starbucks.  When I want coffee I want COFFEE not this Vente Drip bullshit they talk about and I don't wanna spend five bucks for the crap that the peddle.  The fuck is that stuff, caffeine from the teet of Eris herself or what?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh my god. Is it naivete or stupidity? I can't tell.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, having worked at what was at the time Portland's best (award-winning) roaster for about five years, as a barista, as a tea and spice blendmaster, and as a coffee taster and purchasing assistant, I have very little patience for people who pretend Starbucks coffee is undrinkable swill in order to appear "counterculture".

It's not excellent coffee, it's all overroasted (their definition of "Full City" is everyone else's definition of "Italian", for fuck's sake) but it's decent, consistent, and completely drinkable.

The company itself is pretty remarkably ethical, pays decently, and gives full-time benefits at 20 hours. They also engage in fair trade and buy directly from growers. Furthermore, their presence in a neighborhood ensures that any nearby indie coffee shop will do better business

Fucking anarchists.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

i will assume naive for a moment ...
as you may be beginning to realize we laugh at anarchists because anarchy cant exist!!
if you do away with government me my buddies and our guns will form a mob take all your stuff leave you and all the other intellectual anarchist bleeding face down in a mud puddle,
and we will  become the next system of government, the one that will always naturally occur due to human nature when there is a vacuum to fill, that is mob rule the government of the strong controlling the weak through violence...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2009, 06:39:04 PM
Also, having worked at what was at the time Portland's best (award-winning) roaster for about five years, as a barista, as a tea and spice blendmaster, and as a coffee taster and purchasing assistant, I have very little patience for people who pretend Starbucks coffee is undrinkable swill in order to appear "counterculture".

It's not excellent coffee, it's all overroasted (their definition of "Full City" is everyone else's definition of "Italian", for fuck's sake) but it's decent, consistent, and completely drinkable.

The company itself is pretty remarkably ethical, pays decently, and gives full-time benefits at 20 hours. They also engage in fair trade and buy directly from growers. Furthermore, their presence in a neighborhood ensures that any nearby indie coffee shop will do better business

Fucking anarchists.

Except for the above informative post (thank you Nigel, I am now informed), this whole thread reeks of philosophical anarchist wankery and mental masturbation.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

Anarchy is your sixth-grade gym class for all eternity!

Requia ☣

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2009, 06:39:04 PM

Fucking anarchists.

I'll concede Starbucks beans are drinkable, but the last time I got coffee there the cup was full of coffee grounds, its the brewing not the beans they suck at.  (Indie coffee shops I've been to have the same problem, even though a lot of them use the exact blends/brands I usually drink).

7.75/hr while disallowing full time status is a decent wage?  You'd make more doing minimum wage full time.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 19, 2009, 09:47:48 AM
HA!  We have people breaking into houses all the time now doing all the stuff that you mention Jenne.  And most of the time they either get away or get slaps on the wrist, depending on whether the ACLU decides to step in on the behalf of some lame ass git that they think has lived an underpriveleged life.  Roads?  Have you seen some of the roads these days?  They are disintegrating, as are the bridges and the power grids.  If this is the result of a governments kindly intervention then complete Anarchy might be a step up as then everyone will at least be slitting each others throats honestly.  While the government whines about people being uncivil at Town Hall meetings and and who should be covered by a public option insurance, where is the money to repair and maintain the infrastructure of America, a so-called Super Power?  We are only a few major storms or earthquakes away from being a third world style nation, if not in whole then in regions.  Of course I can only speak for the United States as far as this goes.

Fomenter, I appreciate what you said, I suppose I am one of the Rational Anarchists as I do actually have a vision of a form of decentralized governmental system.  I would not think that the masses could find their own assholes without some form of government to create a PSA about it.

Dude, you seriously, most seriously need to hie thee to a 3rd world country that's truly 3rd world if you think you are dealing with even a 10th of what they have to put up with.

I have no respect for the above words, none, because they do NOT represent a semblance of understanding between what you go through everyday and what millions across the globe are subject to.

Fuck.

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2009, 06:30:49 PM
Oh my god. Is it naivete or stupidity? I can't tell.

It's rejection of some things that are so obvious, it's "cool" to ignore them.

Like the direction the sun sets/rises in, gravity...etc.

Jenne

Quote from: fomenter on September 19, 2009, 06:49:22 PM
i will assume naive for a moment ...
as you may be beginning to realize we laugh at anarchists because anarchy cant exist!!
if you do away with government me my buddies and our guns will form a mob take all your stuff leave you and all the other intellectual anarchist bleeding face down in a mud puddle,
and we will  become the next system of government, the one that will always naturally occur due to human nature when there is a vacuum to fill, that is mob rule the government of the strong controlling the weak through violence...

No, it's arrogance.  It's the same damned so-called logic that I'm calling EMOTION that the teabaggers, truthers and other idiots are on about in this stupid country of ours.  It's the ability to hone in on minutiae that don't get to the bottom of the actual question and instead obliterates the real problem.

There's no fucking way in hell that the US has a semblance of comparison to Afghanistan, or Somalia, or Nicaragua.  Except they're populated by ignorant jackasses and hairless apes.  Who breed and make more hairless apes.

fomenter

i was overcome by a moment of uncharacteristic generosity, normally people who are that oblivious to the obvious would be treated to the internet equivalent of being left bleeding in a mud puddle,

carefully and genitally explaining it to them may never work, but now as i crush there skulls and steal there goods during the aftermath i can say..... i told you so..

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I've given up on this thread. Those who wish to know why should read the first three posts and compare them to the last three pages.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jenne

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 19, 2009, 09:13:11 PM
I've given up on this thread. Those who wish to know why should read the first three posts and compare them to the last three pages.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Welcome to PD.com Enki... also don't talk about Magic.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

:|  Oh I'm sorry--what's the title of this subforum again?   :roll: