News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

ANARCHISM: The Thread!

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, September 17, 2009, 12:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

It's true.  Scotsmen keep genies up their arses.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Payne on September 20, 2009, 04:41:36 PM
You should convince everyone that it's not wrong if it's FILMED, preferably in SWEDEN!

This actually sounds like a *good* idea. The only one of the bunch, imo.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 20, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: Payne on September 20, 2009, 04:41:36 PM
You should convince everyone that it's not wrong if it's FILMED, preferably in SWEDEN!

This actually sounds like a *good* idea. The only one of the bunch, imo.

Your opinion has already been weighed and found lacking.  It had to do with the original fuckup you made when you arrived here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Which one? There were quite a few.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I don't remember introducing myself...

The Good Reverend Roger

Halfbaked1

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 20, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 20, 2009, 12:07:44 PM
Yup!  I am a moron. :mrgreen:
But luckily i am a genius compared to the morons that I live around, so i don't fuckin care dude.  Sooner or later we are all morons and most of us don't care.  I do wish I were more of a moron so that I wouldn't see the world going to hell sans hand basket, but I do.  So all I can say is get over it TGRR, but you did give me a smile so thanks, now I can go all sleepy time.

Yes, the ACLU is your enemy, the cops only arrest innocent people, and Rush Limbaugh will explain it all to you later.

I don't truts the ACLU, nor the cops, can't stand Limbaugh.  I hate having to look at several different news sources just to get a look at the truth between the lines.  But you have a point, I have called myself an Anarchist simply because I really didn't know where I fit in...but I have taken up Discord as my way of looking at things so really that trumps Anarchism and in a better way.  That answers my question from my first post, thanks for helping me with that guys.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 20, 2009, 08:09:40 PM

I don't truts the ACLU,

Neither do I.  They're out to keep us from stomping Jews, queers, and other anti-American terrorist kissers.

Or words to that effect.

Fucking dittohead.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Call me naiive, but by and large I doubt most organizations and individuals are fundamentally and inherently malicious. (Yes, yes, you can argue that this forum makes a counterpoint, but I didn't say that people don't ACT malicious, nor that people CANNOT be malicious, merely that it is not the default state for most of humanity, by and large.) Due to this boneheaded optimism and severe misanthropy deficiency, I also lack the level of paranoia that attacks J Random Normal (be he discordian or greyface or little green man). I don't deny that people do shitty stuff to each other, but I do think that if people can avoid getting shit on, they would rather stop shitting on people and not get shit on than shit on other people and get shit on more. If you are already getting shit on, however, it's natural to shit on other people, and if life is shitting on you, it is pretty natural to want to shit on life. However, I don't think that most people, given the complete absence of shit in their life, would seek out things to shit on, if they knew it would attract more shit.

And so, I can say that I don't mind the ACLU, the bavarian illuminati, the federal reserve bank, the bilderberg group, the council on foreign relations, microsoft, the bush administration, earth coincidence control center, the NSA, the project MK-ULTRA, MK-NAOMI, COINTELPRO, and Paperclip members, and the dog damn venusians while still not agreeing with a number of things they do publically and fearing a number of the things they might do nefariously, because I figure that even if they are shitting on people, their intention probably isn't to shit on everyone for the hell of it.

And this may be the shittiest post I have ever written, dog damn it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Faust

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 21, 2009, 01:46:57 AM
Call me naiive, but by and large I doubt most organizations and individuals are fundamentally and inherently malicious. (Yes, yes, you can argue that this forum makes a counterpoint, but I didn't say that people don't ACT malicious, nor that people CANNOT be malicious, merely that it is not the default state for most of humanity, by and large.) Due to this boneheaded optimism and severe misanthropy deficiency, I also lack the level of paranoia that attacks J Random Normal (be he discordian or greyface or little green man). I don't deny that people do shitty stuff to each other, but I do think that if people can avoid getting shit on, they would rather stop shitting on people and not get shit on than shit on other people and get shit on more. If you are already getting shit on, however, it's natural to shit on other people, and if life is shitting on you, it is pretty natural to want to shit on life. However, I don't think that most people, given the complete absence of shit in their life, would seek out things to shit on, if they knew it would attract more shit.

And so, I can say that I don't mind the ACLU, the bavarian illuminati, the federal reserve bank, the bilderberg group, the council on foreign relations, microsoft, the bush administration, earth coincidence control center, the NSA, the project MK-ULTRA, MK-NAOMI, COINTELPRO, and Paperclip members, and the dog damn venusians while still not agreeing with a number of things they do publically and fearing a number of the things they might do nefariously, because I figure that even if they are shitting on people, their intention probably isn't to shit on everyone for the hell of it.

And this may be the shittiest post I have ever written, dog damn it.
See the funny thing about what you describe as malicious is that while it isn't the default state of affairs for most people, it does happen to be one or two in a bunch who are, and a whole lot of followers who will enable them time and again.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Rococo Modem Basilisk

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on September 21, 2009, 02:27:28 AM
I don't disagree with that.

Then your entire premise is fatally flawed.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Explain where the conflict is?