News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

ANARCHISM: The Thread!

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, September 17, 2009, 12:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfbaked1

I don't trust any bureaucracy, I feel they are all inherently corrupt, but that is simply my opinion and since they are in charge then there is not much I can do aside from my little acts of mindfuck to try and make the sheep become not sheep. 

But I was wrong about my Anarchistic delusions.  And it's thanks to you lot that I realized it.  It bothers me that I am still so hung up on labels, but I think I am smart enough to realize that I am nowhere near done in rewriting the way I think.  My apologies if I was unneccessarily confrontational in my replies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Smart enough to change your mind and your approach

I respect that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 20, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
the cops only arrest innocent people.

Technically, this is actually true; they are innocent until proven guilty in a court.  At the time of the arrest, they are "innocent".

Cain

Sometimes, being innocent isn't that safe

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/convictions/archive/2008/04/01/heads-i-win-tails-you-lose-another-way-to-do-the-time-even-if-you-didn-t-do-the-crime.aspx

QuoteNot only have many defendants been sentenced for stuff the jury said they didn't do (or at least wasn't proven), but yesterday the Supreme Court refused to do anything about it. The cert denial came in the case of Mark Hurn of my hometown, Madison, Wis. Hurn ate 15 years extra years in prison for possessing crack cocaine, even though a jury acquitted him of the charge. It's true. Though he was convicted of having powder cocaine in his house, (for which he was looking at two or three years in prison), he was sentenced to almost 18 years. Why? Because even though the jury acquitted him of the crack charge, the judge kind of figured he'd done it and therefore found, by a preponderance of the evidence that he'd done it, and sent him to prison as if the jury had actually said "Guilty" rather than "Not Guilty."

LMNO

Yeah, that's the problem with "technically" -- it rarely is reflected in actuality.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2009, 03:09:28 PM

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/convictions/archive/2008/04/01/heads-i-win-tails-you-lose-another-way-to-do-the-time-even-if-you-didn-t-do-the-crime.aspx

QuoteNot only have many defendants been sentenced for stuff the jury said they didn't do (or at least wasn't proven), but yesterday the Supreme Court refused to do anything about it. The cert denial came in the case of Mark Hurn of my hometown, Madison, Wis. Hurn ate 15 years extra years in prison for possessing crack cocaine, even though a jury acquitted him of the charge. It's true. Though he was convicted of having powder cocaine in his house, (for which he was looking at two or three years in prison), he was sentenced to almost 18 years. Why? Because even though the jury acquitted him of the crack charge, the judge kind of figured he'd done it and therefore found, by a preponderance of the evidence that he'd done it, and sent him to prison as if the jury had actually said "Guilty" rather than "Not Guilty."

See, halfbaked?  You were right about the ACLU.  They'd try to do something about this shit on 5th and 6th amendment grounds, and we can't have that, can we?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Halfbaked1

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2009, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2009, 03:09:28 PM

See, halfbaked?  You were right about the ACLU.  They'd try to do something about this shit on 5th and 6th amendment grounds, and we can't have that, can we?

I oft times find myself agreeing with the ACLU when it comes to civil liberties.  But i do not trust them because they seem to be slanted to an overly liberal side of things and that is corrupt as it gives the appearance of having personal interest in one side or another.  I want all religion out of schools for instance, but I seldom see the ACLU go to bat when anyone other than the Christian types do something.  Not saying that I see everything the ACLU does though, I am no watchdog, but the ones where they go after Christians seem to get noticed more.

Their work in the Civil Rights of minorities is laudable, but that is only one aspect.  I expect them to be impartial to all parties because Civil Liberties are not just for some, but for all.  However, since civil liberties only exist in reality due to society then I wonder what they use as a measuring stick for their activities.  The Constitution has been stepped on for years IMO, so if they are using that document then they are seemingly one of very, very few.

Halfbaked1

Quote from: Broken AI on September 22, 2009, 06:58:18 AM
QuoteI can say that I don't mind the ACLU, the bavarian illuminati, the federal reserve bank, the bilderberg group, the council on foreign relations, microsoft, the bush administration, earth coincidence control center, the NSA, the project MK-ULTRA, MK-NAOMI, COINTELPRO, and Paperclip members, and the dog damn venusians while still not agreeing with a number of things they do publically and fearing a number of the things they might do nefariously, because I figure that even if they are shitting on people, their intention probably isn't to shit on everyone for the hell of it.

Its the lizard people from the lower fifth dimention and NASA's project blue beam you have to worry about not all that.

When space babies rupture from your eyelids and rape your nose, don't say I did not warn you. repeatedly. with mumbles. on a street corner. with gestures and wild rantings.

don't ever say that. that's what my teeth say ...

This is why i love you guys.  In that Uncle that hugs too long kinda way.  :lulz:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Broken AI on September 22, 2009, 06:58:18 AM
QuoteI can say that I don't mind the ACLU, the bavarian illuminati, the federal reserve bank, the bilderberg group, the council on foreign relations, microsoft, the bush administration, earth coincidence control center, the NSA, the project MK-ULTRA, MK-NAOMI, COINTELPRO, and Paperclip members, and the dog damn venusians while still not agreeing with a number of things they do publically and fearing a number of the things they might do nefariously, because I figure that even if they are shitting on people, their intention probably isn't to shit on everyone for the hell of it.

Its the lizard people from the lower fifth dimention and NASA's project blue beam you have to worry about not all that.

When space babies rupture from your eyelids and rape your nose, don't say I did not warn you. repeatedly. with mumbles. on a street corner. with gestures and wild rantings.

don't ever say that. that's what my teeth say ...

See, I tell people that, but they *still* don't fear me.

I have to do the metamorphosis in front of them first.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Speaking of, what IS the meaning of fear? The dictionary only has circular definitions.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

That which initiates activation syndrome?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Broken AI on September 22, 2009, 03:57:06 PM

y'know? fear. when your stomach turns cold and reality seems to lurch upwards into your face. bowel splitting oh fuck I am actually going to die pance shitting shaking puking sobbing snot dripping fear.

That sounds more like Sexhurt™.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Frontside Back

It's 2020 and anarchism is now all about getting addicted to drugs and having to sell your bumhole cheaper and cheaper until you are completely free.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cain