News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

I was in the same room as a lit television on Wednesday evening.

Started by Kai, September 19, 2009, 02:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

The channel was CNN.

All you monkeys need to get the fuck off my planet.  :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

fuck yeah.

Actually, I said "lit" because "turned on television" sounded awkward and sexual.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

fomenter

all you need to say is television, all TVs are always on at all times as the assumed default condition.... welcome to the modern world

or kill me
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

I rent DVDs.  They make life livable.  Well, at least :lulz:-able.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on September 19, 2009, 03:21:49 AM
fuck yeah.

Actually, I said "lit" because "turned on television" sounded awkward and sexual.

It is far better to have your appliances sound intoxicated than to have them sound sexually aroused.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2009, 04:18:28 AM
Quote from: Kai on September 19, 2009, 03:21:49 AM
fuck yeah.

It is far better to have your appliances sound intoxicated than to have them sound sexually aroused.

Why not both at the same time?

Then your blender can be a date rapist!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Dysnomia

"...and that's when Kai's television shared a bong hit with the couch before having sex with the toaster."
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

CNN International is actually passingly good.  Not in the same league as BBC World or Al-Jazeera English, but not bad.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on September 19, 2009, 01:05:40 PM
CNN International is actually passingly good.  Not in the same league as BBC World or Al-Jazeera English, but not bad.

It looked and sounded like a Democrat version of Fox. Not liberal, as there are no liberals anywhere in this damn country, just democrat.

Jenne

Thats (P)MSNBC, actually.  CNNI is probably one of the most decent news shows on television at present.  And the Lehrer Newshour as well.

Kai

Quote from: Jenne on September 19, 2009, 08:31:42 PM
Thats (P)MSNBC, actually.  CNNI is probably one of the most decent news shows on television at present.  And the Lehrer Newshour as well.

Lehrer news hour is one of the few news shows I will watch. I haven't seen CNNI, only the CNN 24 hour news, so I can't speak on it. I can stand watching Olbermann Colbert Stewart, and the two other ones often mentioned around here once in a while. The rest, aside from BBC (I haven't seen Al-Jazeera English) are just plain horrible shill, to quote Shakespeare, tales told by an idiot. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

For example, I fucking HATE Larry King Live.  :argh!: