News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

BREAKING: MOSQUITOS ARE GOING TO KILL THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, September 20, 2009, 05:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2009, 10:03:37 AM
Mosquitos don't ever bite me. So they can carry face-rotting rabies for all I care.

You too? I think the last mosquito bite I received was over five years ago.

Clearly we are chosen to survive the horrible epidemic that our future mosquito overlords intend to inflict upon humanity.

Cain

I have never once been bitten.  Neither has my dad, so I assume its a genetic thing.  I considered risking it in the Amazon without a mosquito net, but decided the bugs in South America might not have heard I'm not meant to be bitten, and I'd get malaria and die.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2009, 06:31:21 PM
I have never once been bitten.  Neither has my dad, so I assume its a genetic thing.  I considered risking it in the Amazon without a mosquito net, but decided the bugs in South America might not have heard I'm not meant to be bitten, and I'd get malaria and die.

wouldn't be any different than those insects that don't get eaten by birds due to distastefulness.

edit: just looked around, its actually more of a masking odor that causes some people to get bitten less.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

mosquitos love to bite me probably just because they know i already have skin problems and they want to make me look even more like a leper  :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I rarely get bitten, as well. This summer was an exception.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Suu

I'm anemic, have a lower than average body temp, and stressed 90% of the time. Skeeters HATE me.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on September 21, 2009, 03:22:43 AM
I'm anemic, have a lower than average body temp, and stressed 90% of the time. Skeeters HATE me.

Wow. Same, 'cept they bite the shit out of me. (also I'm less stressed)
So not the same. Just anemia and low body temp.

AFK

Mosquitos bite everyone in Maine.  EVERYONE!!!  It's the way life should be!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Pope Dysnomia on September 21, 2009, 03:15:45 AM
I get eaten alive.   :argh!:

Same here, earlier this summer was horrible but it's slowed down a little recently, probably due to the weather changing. There have been plenty of time when I'm getting attacked nonstop and come home with a million bites and meanwhile the people I was with weren't even touched  :sad:
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

The Good Reverend Roger

We have no mosquitos here, except around the golf courses.  We have lots of West Nile, but only among golfers, so no great loss.

Everywhere else, it's too dry, and all you have to worry about are:

Tarantulas
Every other poisonous spider on Earth
Killer bees
Scorpions
20 different poisonous snakes
Poisonous lizards
Javelinas
Meth freaks
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2009, 07:42:08 PM
We have no mosquitos here, except around the golf courses.  We have lots of West Nile, but only among golfers, so no great loss.

Tarantulas
Killer bees
Scorpions
Poisonous lizards
Javelinas
Meth freaks
The Cardinals

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 21, 2009, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2009, 07:42:08 PM

Tarantulas
Killer bees
Scorpions
Poisonous lizards
Javelinas
Meth freaks
The Cardinals

The Cardinals eliminate themselves.

Plus, that's Phoenix, which has been nominated as "The City Most Likely to Actually Be HELL", and that's just another punishment for doomed souls.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘