News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

Strange Comics for Strange People

Started by Prelate Diogenes Shandor, September 21, 2009, 05:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I would just like to recommend some webcomics that I think you all might like:

Something Happens: This comic has been likened favorably to a combination of "The Far Side" and "Monty Python's Flying Circus". Its profoundly funny and surreal.

The Unspeakable Vault of Doom: This is the best funny webcomic based on the Cthulhu Mythos that I have come across so far. Furthermore, it is also recommended by Steve Jackson Games, who based an entire expansion set to Munchkin Cthulhu on it.

Slow Wave: This comic is based entirely on accounts of dreams which readers send in to the author. He picks the most interesting ones and draws them

Perry Bible Fellowship: Don't let the name fool you, this isn't a Christian comic strip. Its like... the opposite of that. All of the jokes are based on cruelty and schadenfreude, true, but in a non-moralizing sort of way.

Bob The Angry Flower: He's an evil superintelligent talking sunflower who is usually found either trying to enslave the world with superscience, or else just generally being an asshole. His two roommates are a cynical talking tree-stump named "stumpy" and a magical flying human fetus named "Freddie". The fact that he is named Bob is just an extra :D

Holy Bibble[sic][/u]: A rather irreverant take on the Bible (God, for instance, is depicted as a senile magician). I've linked to the "Classic" version of the webcomic. For the new homepage, click HERE.

Red Meat: This comic is so cynical that it is profound. Also, the character "Ted Johnson" is a dead ringer for J.R."BOB" Dobbs.

Chainroaker (On a Budget): This comic is just weird man. I don't even know how else to describe it (without taking up an excessive amount of space with a rlong rambling and incomprehensible description). I've pointed the link above to a page in the comic that I think pretty much sums it up. For the first page of the comic, click here
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Jenne

:mittens:  Thanks!  I already read some of these, but I'm always on the look out for more!

AFK

I love Red Meat, though, I feel somewhere along the way Max Cannon lost a step.  They're still "funny", if that is the right word, they just don't seem to be as punchy as they used to be. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 21, 2009, 06:03:46 PM
I love Red Meat, though, I feel somewhere along the way Max Cannon lost a step.  They're still "funny", if that is the right word, they just don't seem to be as punchy as they used to be.  

Yes. The dead clown series of 1998 were fucking brilliant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

I think I've posted this before, but Bug-Eyed Earl is more or less the inspiration for "the dreadful hours".  If he were just slightly more goth or emo. 

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Sinfest

Dungeons and Denizes: Min the Minotaur isn't evil, he just works here...

Supermegatopia: The city of Supermegatopia is patrolled by many superheroes, many of whom seem to be stripper themed. To get to the comics, click on the "Comics button at the top of the page, then when the new page loads up, lik on one of the lins between the random comic mashup generator and the fine-print at the bottom of the page to go to a story arc.
\
Goblns: Life Trough Their Eys: In this comic the goblin are the good guys and the humans are evil

The Wrong Hero: This comic alternates between somewhat dul exposition and weird freaky shit.

The Bunny System: In which cute bunnies say dark things and beat the shit out of squirrels (and also pee on the catoonist's computer in one memorable strip about technical difficulties on the comic strip)

Poisoned Minds/Same Shit Different Day: This one features, among other characters, a violently deranged Nihilist Anarchist white rabbit.

Garfield Randomizer Another thread on this website turned me on to this one. It creates new "Garfield" comics by randomly combinig panels from old ones

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

AFK

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Hypno Brain

Hi, there. Sorry, I know this topic is pretty old, but I was just doing a Google search for the title of the comic I publish with Hypno Brain Comics, and this page popped up. My comic is titled "Strange Comics for Strange People", and though it's not a webcomic like the topic started as, I thought you all might still be interested. I'll spare you the big sales-pitch and just say it's a comic about five outcasts who live in a boarding-house together and all sorts of stuffs happens. You can get more info at the Hypno Brain site HERE (click me!). Feel free to ask any questions. AW YEEAH!

Oh yeah, and incase anyone is assuming I stole the title from the author of this topic, I came up with it first. I even published the first issue before this topic started. Not bragging or anything, just avoiding any accusations. Okay. I'll shut up...  :wink:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Hypno Brain on March 23, 2014, 04:43:28 AM
Hi, there. Sorry, I know this topic is pretty old, but I was just doing a Google search for the title of the comic I publish with Hypno Brain Comics, and this page popped up. My comic is titled "Strange Comics for Strange People", and though it's not a webcomic like the topic started as, I thought you all might still be interested. I'll spare you the big sales-pitch and just say it's a comic about five outcasts who live in a boarding-house together and all sorts of stuffs happens. You can get more info at the Hypno Brain site HERE (click me!). Feel free to ask any questions. AW YEEAH!

Oh yeah, and incase anyone is assuming I stole the title from the author of this topic, I came up with it first. I even published the first issue before this topic started. Not bragging or anything, just avoiding any accusations. Okay. I'll shut up...  :wink:

Cool, I'll check it out.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Ben Shapiro

BadBeast

www.oglaf.com

Funniest webcomic I've read for  . . . . . well, ever really.  Been pimping the tits out of it all week now.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4