News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

BREAKING: FCC SAYS "NET NEUTRALITY? FUCK YEAH!" Oh, wait...

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, September 21, 2009, 11:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Net neutrality is a lame idea.  They need to just start arresting CXOs for fraud and extortion, thats what all problems with non neutrality (as opposed to benefits) *are*.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 21, 2009, 11:33:26 PM
Net neutrality is a lame idea.  They need to just start arresting CXOs for fraud and extortion, thats what all problems with non neutrality (as opposed to benefits) *are*.

:kingmeh:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Yeah, Req, you'll have to splain yourself, please...because otherwise, the internet is about to become like cable.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 22, 2009, 03:02:41 AM
Yeah, Req, you'll have to splain yourself, please...because otherwise, the internet is about to become like cable.

Why, I'd LOVE to get the same sort of "service" and "choice" I get from cable.

Heh.  Req is a fucking libertariantard.  Who knew?   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Not to mention jacked-up prices...and the TAXES!  Oh, the taxes to be shorn!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on September 22, 2009, 03:05:20 AM

Or just the fact that we'll basically be allowing ISPs to bill for (and control) things they don't own.

The Good Reverend Roger

Of course you realize that Req has to be right, and for her to be right, everyone else has to be wrong.

No matter how fucking ridiculous it makes her.

Jenne

...and here they are (the magical "they" being the media and its "sources") recommending we move from hardware backup systems to virtual backup systems..."the cloud" etc.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2009, 03:06:19 AM
Quote from: Jenne on September 22, 2009, 03:05:20 AM

Or just the fact that we'll basically be allowing ISPs to bill for (and control) things they don't own.

The fuck we will. They'll just make it more of a pain in the ass because we'll have to get around their blocks.