News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Started by Dimocritus, September 22, 2009, 04:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 22, 2009, 05:19:16 PM
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22288.0

A rare sequel post that outdoes the original.  The producers and directors should be commended. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Just you wait for the video game.

Dimocritus

QuoteFor example, no-one has mentioned Thomas Hobbes yet, where the Leviathan is the all powerful state, where citizens sacrifice freedoms to the sovereign in return for security (dunno if this fits the film, but now you know).

Sort of. In the case of this movie, everything was sacrificed, including their lives.

QuoteThe only description in the book.

You know what, now that I think about it, I'm thinking about the description of the flags that the resurrected nazi soldiers were carrying. The symbol on the flags was very similar to this "Machine."
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Dimocritus

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 22, 2009, 05:19:16 PM
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22288.0

It's funny you mention this. I was originally intending on seeing "District 9," but a friend of mine got there earlier and bought the wrong ticket. "District 9" is still on my list of movies to see.

It's not as good as I thought it would be.

Cramulus

I thought District 9 > 9

District 9 was the first good sci-fi film I've seen in theaters in years

9 was a kids flick. It succeeded at that, but I wasn't the target audience.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 22, 2009, 05:47:34 PM

That's disappointing to hear. Ah, well, I'll go see it anyway. It wouldn't be the first time I went against mine or someone elses better judgment.

Eater of Clowns

Let's not forget Leviathan's truly important role as being the name of Harpoon's extreme brewing program.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Kurt Christ

I saw 9 with two friends, and we agreed that the ending seemed a little awkward and forced. I'm inclined to think that the screenplay had  to go through a re-write pretty late and changed the ending or something like that.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Dimocritus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 22, 2009, 08:45:05 PM
Let's not forget Leviathan's truly important role as being the name of Harpoon's extreme brewing program.

Yeah yeah! Leviathan IPA!!!!! Whoooo!

Epimetheus

Quote from: Cramulus on September 22, 2009, 04:43:20 PM
9 = LotR + The Matrix + Fallout + Batman (the animated series)

I thought of Toy Story + I, Robot (or any other evil robot rebellion story) + Casper.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cramulus

Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 22, 2009, 06:43:11 PM

That's disappointing to hear. Ah, well, I'll go see it anyway. It wouldn't be the first time I went against mine or someone elses better judgment.

It's not a bad movie but it's not an amazing movie. Based on what I'd heard I thought it would be crazy good.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 23, 2009, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Dimo1138 on September 22, 2009, 06:43:11 PM

It's not a bad movie but it's not an amazing movie. Based on what I'd heard I thought it would be crazy good.

Meh, I heard nothing but "rave " reviews, too. I should know better by now not to trust my stupid friends. I'll catch the DVD...

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

the previews looked stupid im not paying to see it