News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

So, I've always wanted to be a nun.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 22, 2009, 05:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I'm going to declare my house a convent. Who's in?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2009, 05:14:48 PM

I would, but I'm trying to kick the habit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Wait.

I just punned.  :crankey:

RWHN!  YOU WILL PAY!   :argh!:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

mua-ha-ha!!!!

Hey do you know why they call nuns nuns?

Because they never got nun, they aint getting nun, and they'll never get nun. 

RWHN,
-loves the classics
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

You're only in strife over this beacuse your opinions are so cloistered.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Richter

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2009, 05:14:48 PM

ANYWYAS
What vows, conditions, and privations would this order hold too?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dysfunctional Cunt

Wait a minute.....  you're going to have guy nuns too?

Just give me the info on the celibacy clause before I answer.......

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Khara on September 22, 2009, 05:45:07 PM
Wait a minute.....  you're going to have guy nuns too?

Just give me the info on the celibacy clause before I answer.......

THIS

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

And, yeah, that celibacy thing...it's a deal killer.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cramulus

well nuns are women who are "married to god", right?

so if a female discordian nun must be a kinky ass lezbo.

I've long considered declaring myself a Discordian Monk, and deciding that my somewhat burnout introverted lifestyle is actually a form of monasticism.

"A Nun is a woman who has taken special vows committing her to a religious life. She may be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live her life in prayer and contemplation in a monastery or convent. "

according to wikipedia, there are buddhist and taoist nuns, I don't see why you couldn't be a Discordian nun.

You just have to commit to being outside the mainstream and live your life in contemplation? Dude, you've been a nun for decades.