News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

District 9

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, September 22, 2009, 05:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I was just messing with ya, about Harry Potter.

I don't think I've even heard of Ponyo.  As it happened though, I enjoyed the Star Trek film too.  I didn't go in with super-high expectations, and it was a competently executed action flick (IN SPACE!) with just enough plot material to stave off hordes of Trekkies looking for any reason whatsoever to rubbish the entire thing.

Eater of Clowns

No, you definitely got me on Harry Potter.  I do remember defending it to an extent when everyone else here was crapping on it, haha.

Ponyo is the newest Hayao Miyazaki movie.  I don't know if they send them over to that side of the pond, but they tend to be released here by Disney.  He's done Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and a few others that I can't recall.  It's an adaptation of the Little Mermaid and has some of the most gorgeous animation I've ever seen.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Rumckle

Hayao Miyazaki is a really good filmmaker, I still haven't seen Ponyo though.

Ah, he also did Howl's Moving Castle and Porco Rosso.
Of the ones I have seen Porco Rosso is my favourite, though.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2009, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2009, 07:15:51 PM
I am so fucking excited about seeing that movie! My favorite kinds of movies are either stupid funny, or have aliens and explosions.

My favorite are helicopter explosions, but that's too much to ask, I expect.

I like people explosions, myself.

Yes, but you are a people person.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.