News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

#teenageproblems

Started by Pariah, September 23, 2009, 01:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 04:21:18 AM

But we had The Dead Kennedies, Henry Rollins before he sucked, The Rolling Stones were still (technically) alive, Aerosmith, Roger Waters first solo stuff (BOO YAH), and Tom Petty's best years.

All of that.

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 23, 2009, 09:24:10 AM
i had a retainer and now me teef are all straight and shit. it was worth it. though i wouldnt want to have to do it again.

and um yeah I went to look up Aerosmith cause I didnt remember why I think they sucked, but then I saw they made "Pink" which is an awesome song, so I figured I had them confused with Bon Jovi. no I don't know why, either.

and just before you go all heathen that I mixed up Bon Jovi and Aerosmith :) back in tha day when I still listened radio (first half of the 90s), I absolutely loathed rock music and in fact pretty much anything with a focus on lyrical content, so I never bothered or cared to remember any of the names. I do recognize the songs though.

I could understand current day Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, because they are both monumentally awful.  But then again, Bon Jovi was monumentally awful from the word go.  Aerosmith, at least, has some decent tunes in their early cataloge, and their blues album wasn't awful. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Pariah

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 23, 2009, 09:24:10 AM
i had a retainer and now me teef are all straight and shit. it was worth it. though i wouldnt want to have to do it again.
/quote]

Pretty much the main reason I'm going to wear it. I figured out my retainer wearing schedule
1) Over night
2) Walking to School
3) Lunch after I'm done eating
4) Walking home
5) When I'm bored
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on September 23, 2009, 02:15:11 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 23, 2009, 02:13:55 PM
their blues album wasn't awful. 

:crankey:

Well, I didn't say it was great either.

Oh, and you'll be especially pleased to hear that Steven Tyler is going to be touring with TSO this year.  Except, the fuckers aren't coming to Maine this year!   :argh!:  I really don't want to drive all the way to Manchester to see them. 

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 23, 2009, 03:04:33 PM
Oh, and you'll be especially pleased to hear that Steven Tyler is going to be touring with TSO this year.  Except, the fuckers aren't coming to Maine this year!   :argh!:  I really don't want to drive all the way to Manchester to see them. 

Western tour or Eastern?

And if it's Eastern, does he think he can REALLY keep up with Chris Caffery?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on September 24, 2009, 12:05:32 AM

Western tour or Eastern?

He would kick that little punk's ass, even with his lips tied behind his back.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

Music these days ain't that bad with the advent of the internet, really.  There's a few decent new artists, you just have to look pretty hard, and if you don't, you can just listen to stuff from other decades, because chances are if you're young you haven't listened to all of the good stuff that's available.  Save for live concerts (which are, arguably, pretty important), this "generation" gets access to better music and especially variety of music than those of previous decades.  At the moment, anyway, as the ability access to these wonderful archives of the past are probably going to wither away.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Idem on September 24, 2009, 01:40:35 AM
Music these days ain't that bad with the advent of the internet, really.  

There's plenty of good music, these days.

But great music?  Not as common.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Idem

Certainly.  I was mostly arguing for easily accessible archives of old music (which might as well be new to my generation) than the (admittedly slow and usually horrible) influx of new music.  Originality is arguably dead, but great stuff is still available to listen to for audiophiles.  They might lose effect when removed from their original context, but nonetheless. 

In fact, a lot of the great stuff isn't "new" technically, but rather a rearranging of old music.  The mashup scene is fucking HUGE right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Idem on September 24, 2009, 02:26:26 AM
Certainly.  I was mostly arguing for easily accessible archives of old music (which might as well be new to my generation) than the (admittedly slow and usually horrible) influx of new music.  Originality is arguably dead, but great stuff is still available to listen to for audiophiles.  They might lose effect when removed from their original context, but nonetheless. 

In fact, a lot of the great stuff isn't "new" technically, but rather a rearranging of old music.  The mashup scene is fucking HUGE right now.

Of course, to be honest, 99.9999% of music back then was absolute shit, too.

AFK

Quote from: Suu on September 24, 2009, 12:05:32 AM

Western tour or Eastern?

Uhh, that's a good question.  I would assume Eastern.  Roger Daltry is also joining so maybe he's doing the West Coast dates.  Details were sketchy.  Meanwhile, Chri Caffery and Jon Oliva need to get Savatage started up again! 

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 04:14:23 AM
Quote from: Squid on September 23, 2009, 04:12:22 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 04:07:51 AM

I'm MY fucking day, we KNEW how to swear, drink, get the clap, rock n roll, and wake up in a crab-infested whorehouse with no clothes, money, or even memory, crusted in our own filth with a needle still in our arm and the electric buzz of acid still running up and down our spines, with hairy ass chlamydia bacillia the size of fucking PANCAKES oozing out of our arses and chewing holes in the linoleum.

You kids?  HAH!  You puke and ya think ya partied.  Shit, we puked BEFORE we partied, just to limber up!  

YOU FUCKERS DO NOT NOW, NOR WILL YOU EVER, UNDERSTAND THE LOST HIGHWAY!

grumble, grumble, fucking kids, grumble

yike  :aaa:

We took these things SERIOUSLY, back when Reagan was president.  We had no choice.  It was either that, or join the Calvary Baptist Church and turn republican.  Drugs were our only real option.  Plus, the music was way better than most of what plays today, if you could find the right bands.

:lulz: They were cheaper and better quality too!! 

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 23, 2009, 04:21:18 AM

But we had The Dead Kennedies, Henry Rollins before he sucked, The Rolling Stones were still (technically) alive, Aerosmith, Roger Waters first solo stuff (BOO YAH), and Tom Petty's best years.

THIS!!!

Dysnomia

Excuse me Pariah, and Ima let you finish, but T-Pain had the best braces this year. 

:lulz:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Pariah

Quote from: Pope Dysnomia on September 24, 2009, 11:56:29 PM
Excuse me Pariah, and Ima let you finish, but T-Pain had the best braces this year. 

:lulz:
BASTARD!
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!