News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

We are running out of bullets

Started by Iason Ouabache, September 24, 2009, 02:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_on_re_us/us_ammo_shortage

QuoteBullet-makers are working around the clock, seven days a week, and still can't keep up with the nation's demand for ammunition.

Shooting ranges, gun dealers and bullet manufacturers say they have never seen such shortages. Bullets, especially for handguns, have been scarce for months because gun enthusiasts are stocking up on ammo, in part because they fear President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress will pass antigun legislation — even though nothing specific has been proposed and the president last month signed a law allowing people to carry loaded guns in national parks.

Gun sales spiked when it became clear Obama would be elected a year ago and purchases continued to rise in his first few months of office. The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System reported that 6.1 million background checks for gun sales were issued from January to May, an increase of 25.6 percent from the same period the year before.

"That is going to cause an upswing in ammunition sales," said Larry Keane, senior vice president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association representing about 5,000 members. "Without bullets a gun is just a paper weight."

The shortage for sportsmen is different than the scarcity of ammo for some police forces earlier this year, a dearth fueled by an increase in ammo use by the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"We are working overtime and still can't keep up with the demand," said Al Russo, spokesman for North Carolina-based Remington Arms Company, which makes bullets for rifles, handguns and shotguns. "We've had to add a fourth shift and go 24-7. It's a phenomenon that I have not seen before in my 30 years in the business."

I still think that gun and bullet manufacturers are the ones that started this whole scare in the first place. Get people freaked out over Obama taking their guns away and the merchandise goes flying off of the shelf.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

Obama did promise to do some sort of gun ban (I foget the details, probably resurrecting the brady bill).  during his campaign.

Which should ensure no new restrictions on guns for 8 years.  Obama won't want to give up his perfect score on campaign promises.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/barack_obama_gun_control.htm

Looks to me like he suggests states take steps to regulate gun ownership, but doesn't believe in doing anything at the Federal level.

LMNO

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 24, 2009, 03:55:28 PM
Obama did promise to do some sort of gun ban (I foget the details, probably resurrecting the brady bill).  during his campaign.

Which should ensure no new restrictions on guns for 8 years.  Obama won't want to give up his perfect score on campaign promises.

Um...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Kept: 43
Compromise: 11
Broken: 7
Stalled: 12
In the Works: 99
No Action: 343

Requia ☣

Quote from: LMNO on September 24, 2009, 04:04:02 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 24, 2009, 03:55:28 PM

Um...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Kept: 43
Compromise: 11
Broken: 7
Stalled: 12
In the Works: 99
No Action: 343

Stop ruining my jokes with your facts.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

LMNO

Sir Squid Diddimus

OBAMER'S GONNA TEWK-ER-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWNS!!!

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

LMNO

COLD, DEAD HANDS, MOTHERFUCKERS!
  \
:chickenhawk:

The Good Reverend Roger

This is old news.  Holder tried to get the ball rolling, and both parties in congress told him to piss up a rope.  Why the panic is continuing would be a mystery, if I didn't understand Americans and our particular brand of DUMB.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dumb+hype from manufacturers=CHA CHING!!

Halfbaked1

I do need more ammo, but it has nothing to do with the supposed threats of the government or something.  I need some ball ammo(about 400, bullets with metal jacketed slugs) for practice and maybe another hydrashok box just to have.