News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

This is the reason why Occupy is now a joke

Started by Cain, September 27, 2012, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2012/09/15/malcolm-harris-twitter-surrenders-occupy-wall-streets-protester-tweets/

QuoteMicro-blogging website Twitter has finally handed over tweets from Malcolm Harris, an Occupy Wall Street protester, to an Occupy Wall Street protester months after trying not to give the posts to the criminal court.

The site gave up the tweets to Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Matthew Sciarrino but they will remain under seal until another appeal by Harris is argued next week, Reuters reported.

In October 2011, police arrested Harris along with hundred others during a mass protest on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Malcolm Harris.  Christ, What An Asshole.

I didn't know this until I started looking into it, but, apparently, Malcolm Harris is the "vanguard" of the Occupy Movement.  A self-aggrandizing twenty something anarchist-marketing-hipster crossbreed, Harris is everything that is wrong with Occupy.

Harris charges $5000 (hotel and travel not included) to talk about anarchism and the 99%.  Harris also describes himself as the "Naomi Klein of the 21st century", which must come as something of a surprise to the (still living, still writing) Naomi Klein.

Harris is in trouble because he wrote a bunch of self-incriminating tweets while on the Brooklyn Bridge.  He then deleted the tweets and went running to the ACLU, presumably because his corporate lawyer and State Dept diplomat parents refuse to pay for this idiot's legal costs (and who can blame them?).  Hell, the ACLU are only getting involved because if the police succeed in obtaining his deleted tweets, the worry is that it will set a bad precedent in cases where protesters aren't necessarily reckless self-promoting dickheads like Malcolm Harris.

Harris is also one of those anarchists who thinks schools are, literally, a prison.  As such, he has been cheerleading attempts to stop the teachers strike in Chicago, because teachers are the moral equivalent of prison wardens.  And prisons are, like, bad maaaaaaan.

Given dickheads like this rose to prominence, is it any surprise Occupy is now another outpost of the militant vegan trustafarian anarchist Borg?

The Good Reverend Roger

Saw the decline of OWS the moment they started having "general assemblies".  At that point, useless hipsters like Harris grab the steering wheel, and you can see the end from there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

That too.

Harris was responsible for inviting the trustafarian hipster contingent to Zucotti Park the first time around, by spreading the rumour that Radiohead were doing a secret concert there.  This he trumpets as proof of his anarcho-marketing genius.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2012, 05:50:37 PM
That too.

Harris was responsible for inviting the trustafarian hipster contingent to Zucotti Park the first time around, by spreading the rumour that Radiohead were doing a secret concert there.  This he trumpets as proof of his anarcho-marketing genius.

So, he's basically the Ben Mack of OWS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I'm not entirely convinced that he and Ben Mack are not the same person.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2012, 05:56:03 PM
I'm not entirely convinced that he and Ben Mack are not the same person.

Harris is too young.

But that's the first thought that hit my mind, too.

trippinprincezz13

Ugh, while I had/have a soft spot for Occupy I didn't really get my hopes up much considering that for every person that actually Gave A Shit, there were handfuls of those there to "Fight the Power, Man!"/Piss off Mom & Dad/Do Drugs/Fuck Shit Up/Make Money/Promote Themselves. Some maybe started out caring, but got caught up in getting attention/money/power, or some may have started out caring, but got wanted so bad to be involved in A cause that they got caught up in believing what the former assholes were spewing.

Most people can't see beyond themselves for more than 5 seconds at a time. It's just ME and MY cause and MY benefit.

I mean, people have existed like King and Ghandi, etc., who, while I'm not trying to put them up as some saints on a pedastal, seemed to be able to get people to pay attention and Do Something positive. I know that those people aren't a dime a dozen, and I'm sure they had assholes associated with their causes. I suppose it's also a matter of getting people to tear themselves away from all the shiny distractions and actually listen, which I know isn't always easy when one is also trying to keep their head above the water.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Internet Jesus

Say what you will about Mao, but at least he got shit done.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!