News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Hey, LMNO...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 25, 2009, 03:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 27, 2009, 08:49:49 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20288105/HEYLMNO-v2
Not much changed
                          -A few small corrections (I had lots of TGGR instead of TGRR)
                          -A page that accredits the text and graphics
                          -A few more graphics.

Very nice. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Not much changed
                          -A few more graphics.

:mittens:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

Quote from: Richter on September 27, 2009, 09:54:00 PM
Not much changed
                          -A few more graphics.

:mittens:

SECONDED

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not much changed
                          -A few more graphics.

It is fucking WIN.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fictionpuss on September 27, 2009, 06:29:49 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 27, 2009, 06:23:36 PM
I'm not sure I can get rid of the "obviously reading" effect other than by either taking the time and memorizing the entire text as actors do, or by simply not looking at the camera at all.
What about reading it out just recording your voice, then playing that at the same time as making your recording? If you're lucky you'll make mistakes and get an eerie "many voices" effect :-)

Oooooohh... I like this!

Kai

Not much changed
                          -A few more graphics.

Just noting you forgot to credit Jenne and Nigel at the very end (can't recall if any other's were left out). Otherwise, this is truely awesome.

See? This shit just HAPPENS around here!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Pariah

Quote from: Kai on September 28, 2009, 03:13:14 AM
Not much changed
                          -A few more graphics.

Just noting you forgot to credit Jenne and Nigel at the very end (can't recall if any other's were left out). Otherwise, this is truely awesome.

See? This shit just HAPPENS around here!

SHIT
Must of been when I made the font bigger.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

My daughter is going to illustrate this, and she says we need to make more.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2009, 03:59:31 AM

I think your original essay worked really well for that. If someone poses an essay and other people follow suit extemporaneously within that context, the shit we could come up with, endless really.

Edit: I keep thinking that the most important part of what happened in this thread was that it was all spontaneous, no planning, just people writing their guts out, and following each other in a sort of friendly Dozens. Like hip hop in prose.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on September 28, 2009, 04:33:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2009, 03:59:31 AM

I think your original essay worked really well for that. If someone poses an essay and other people follow suit extemporaneously within that context, the shit we could come up with, endless really.

Edit: I keep thinking that the most important part of what happened in this thread was that it was all spontaneous, no planning, just people writing their guts out, and following each other in a sort of friendly Dozens. Like hip hop in prose.

Seriously. I was so impressed, watching this unfold. I feel like this is the results of months of... whatever. It just fucking HAPPENED. We can spend months bickering and not really doing anything, and then over the course of a couple of evenings our clogged pores start to rupture and everybody writes or does something spontaneously, almost like a reflex, like you have no choice, and this happens.

Those other months, those are when it festers.

Sir Squid Diddimus

It festers like a sebaceous cyst. Deep under the skin, your anger rots and creates a stinking ooze. It seems sometimes that this boiling thick jelly will come pouring out of your mouth, eyes and nose holes like a soapy discharge at the next person who looks at you and says "At least you have a job".
At least.
At least you have.
It's the scalpel that pierces the flesh and allows this fountain of hate and filth to come erupting from the hole it tore in your existence.

As this volcano of scum and blood pours from your gut your hands instinctively yet unconsciously reach out for the neck of the person who auditorilly assaulted you with their speech bubbles of inanity...
Then come the lights. The screams of children. The sirens. The impending doom that you now have to face.
You've done it this time, son.
This is the one.
You'd better run till your lungs explode like an overinflated tire. Run till your feet turn to pâté and legs are just imaginary items you used to have.
Run.
Till it all goes Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Cainad (dec.)

God damn it guys. I hate spiders.

:mittens: all around.

Kai

Quote from: Squid on September 28, 2009, 05:29:55 AM
It festers like a sebaceous cyst. Deep under the skin, your anger rots and creates a stinking ooze. It seems sometimes that this boiling thick jelly will come pouring out of your mouth, eyes and nose holes like a soapy discharge at the next person who looks at you and says "At least you have a job".
At least.
At least you have.
It's the scalpel that pierces the flesh and allows this fountain of hate and filth to come erupting from the hole it tore in your existence.

As this volcano of scum and blood pours from your gut your hands instinctively yet unconsciously reach out for the neck of the person who auditorilly assaulted you with their speech bubbles of inanity...
Then come the lights. The screams of children. The sirens. The impending doom that you now have to face.
You've done it this time, son.
This is the one.
You'd better run till your lungs explode like an overinflated tire. Run till your feet turn to pâté and legs are just imaginary items you used to have.
Run.
Till it all goes Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

See, this is what I'm talking about. People around here have incredible intelligence for words and writing, and when it comes spontaneously the major result is very nice. I love how we can very simply let loose in prose for great justice.