News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

a classmate wrote this wrote this several years ago in senior year...

Started by bob-o, September 26, 2009, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

The comments were interesting.  The original post was EMO with some solid whining thrown in to annoy even more....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nasturtiums on September 29, 2009, 01:43:05 AM
It's easy to "detach" yourself when you're a kid with few responsibilities.

The thing is, what the hell kind of twit WANTS to be "detached"? How is that something to strive for? Isn't caring, actually giving a shit, kind of the point of life? What are we supposed to be "detaching" ourselves from? Our friends, family, art, livelihood? Sure, it's easy to not give a shit if someone else is taking care of your every need, but if you aspire to be a fully-functional human being, being "detached" only leads to people with pathological behaviors like my not-quite-ex, who is kind of the king of detachment.

Frankly, I'd rather give a damn.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on September 29, 2009, 01:43:05 AM
It's easy to "detach" yourself when you're a kid with few responsibilities.

The thing is, what the hell kind of twit WANTS to be "detached"? How is that something to strive for? Isn't caring, actually giving a shit, kind of the point of life? What are we supposed to be "detaching" ourselves from? Our friends, family, art, livelihood? Sure, it's easy to not give a shit if someone else is taking care of your every need, but if you aspire to be a fully-functional human being, being "detached" only leads to people with pathological behaviors like my not-quite-ex, who is kind of the king of detachment.

Frankly, I'd rather give a damn.

Well, that's because you aren't one of the cool kids who have the weight of the whole world on your shoulders and nobody understands and your folks won't let you go to the Nightwish concert and life is just so unfair!  FUCK YOU ALL, IMA GO LISTEN TO LINCOLN PARK!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pariah

See Bob-O knew your were going to say all that stuff.
You're reacting just like he expected you to
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 30, 2009, 12:48:43 AM

I am a hapless pawn of his masterful manipulation.   :sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2009, 03:01:34 AM

I haven't seen such good sociological experimenting since the Stanford prison experiment

Nast

Quote from: Agent Pariah on September 30, 2009, 03:52:58 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2009, 03:01:34 AM

I haven't seen such good sociological experimenting since the Stanford prison experiment

ZOMG DID YOU GUYZ KNOW THAT PPL DO LIKE WHAT AUTHORTY TELLS THEM TO???

I AM SO SHOCK
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Pariah

That's what they want you to think\
It's just another experiment

bob-o

y'all better shut the fuck up about this sociological experiment thing or i'll turn you all in for thoughtcrime.

you know nothing about my experiments on you.

ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

so, what do you think about the writer's style?

bob-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

The Good Reverend Roger

bob-o

well then go and do it then, you don't have to whine about it.

shit.

bob-o

The Good Reverend Roger

bob-o

don't you feel better now?

now go and re-read that essay until you learn how to "LET GO"!!!!1!11

bob-o

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2009, 09:25:00 PM
I
HAVE
TO
POOMP!
Quote from: bob-o on September 27, 2009, 09:49:37 PM
^^ there's the response i was expecting...

it was interesting and well-written, but there was a sensational, feel-good, nihilistic, propaganda-like air to it, strikingly similar to what a talented writer-stoner-idealist at the age of 18 would write.

bob-o

POOOOOOMP![/size]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I keep singing the title to the tune of "I Like to Move It Move It" in my  head.

Goddamnit.

A classmate wrote this wrote this!
My classmate... WROTE THIS!

I hate you forever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."