News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Unlimited "Glenn Beck is a nutter" thread

Started by Cain, September 26, 2009, 04:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

See, you think too narrow.

The teevee doesn't show you the truth, or even the interesting lies.  It shows you the happy safe funtime political view that doesn't make people wake up screaming.

The right doesn't look like fox news, it looks like this guy:

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=353
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Halfbaked1

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 07, 2009, 07:18:21 AM
See, you think too narrow.

The teevee doesn't show you the truth, or even the interesting lies.  It shows you the happy safe funtime political view that doesn't make people wake up screaming.

The right doesn't look like fox news, it looks like this guy:

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=353

Ah, I see your point.  You see, living in the South I get alot of the religious right point of view and I am positively sick of it.  But in all fairness they are fundamentalists, and therefore potential human catastrophes.  I would welcome some other sources for information.  If you want sci-fi info from the internet I can find it, but news sources are elusive to me.

Requia ☣

Hang around, these fuckers will tell you the horrible troof eventually.

(Cain would probably be the best to ask about news sources.)
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

I'll throw up some when I finish my shift.

I'd also like to add that you'd need roughly the equivalent to Lenin to balance some of the right wing nutters on the news of late.  Middle of the road, whiney sad-sacks like Rachel Maddow or Michael Moore hardly cut it.  They'd probably get laughed at by Trotskyites in the street, before being used as target practice.

Kai

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on October 07, 2009, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 07, 2009, 06:00:24 AM
Mostly, its how incredibly bad the right has gotten.  Its assumed if you haven't gotten fed up with everything about them, you must be one of them.

I was fed up with the Left as well though.  For being a supposedly open minded bunch most of the ones I see on the news are incredibly closed minded.  The Right has always been close minded so that came as no surprise.

I keep hearing these words, "left" and "liberal". Not sure what you mean. Sounds like made up words, about people that don't exist.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 11:28:32 AM
Mostly, its how incredibly bad the right has gotten.  Its assumed if you haven't gotten fed up with everything about them, you must be one of them.

I was fed up with the Left as well though.  For being a supposedly open minded bunch most of the ones I see on the news are incredibly closed minded.  The Right has always been close minded so that came as no surprise.

I keep hearing these words, "left" and "liberal". Not sure what you mean. Sounds like made up words, about people that don't exist.

:mittens:

Didja know I'm a leftist, at least according to some blog commentators?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Kai

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on October 07, 2009, 02:04:51 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 07, 2009, 11:28:32 AM

:mittens:

Didja know I'm a leftist, at least according to some blog commentators?

I'm commenting on the lack of liberals in this country, that's all.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Halfbaked1

Ah, cool, I at least frequent two of those.  BBC and Al-Jazeera.  Those were like the only sources for information during the war for me.  I will copy these links and pick my way thru them as the days go by...or nights since I do most of my blogging and forum/news running while I work 3rd shift.

Cain

No problem.

Anyhow, to re-jack, it seems Beck is a nasty piece of work.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/09/22/glenn_beck_two/index2.html

QuoteThe animosity between Beck and Kelly continued to deepen. When Beck and Hattrick produced a local version of Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" for Halloween -- a recurring motif in Beck's life and career -- Kelly told a local reporter that the bit was a stupid rip-off of a syndicated gag. The slight outraged Beck, who got his revenge with what may rank as one of the cruelest bits in the history of morning radio. "A couple days after Kelly's wife, Terry, had a miscarriage, Beck called her live on the air and says, 'We hear you had a miscarriage,' " remembers Brad Miller, a former Y95 DJ and Clear Channel programmer. "When Terry said, 'Yes,' Beck proceeded to joke about how Bruce [Kelly] apparently can't do anything right -- about he can't even have a baby."

Halfbaked1

Now see that was bloody uncalled for.  The hell was he thinking?  Was he thinking?  I somehow doubt it.

EDIT:  Must remember to not read the comments in the news stories...it only encourages me to go on a TGRR style rant about how the sheep bleeting are driving me nuts.  I can't call these people monkeys, I feel it is a disservice to the monkeys.

Always felt that Darwin was only half right.  Monkeys are descended from us after they saw how fucked up we were becoming they said fuck that and went to flinging poo at us from the trees.

Triple Zero

Wow, that's harsh. What a fuckhead. What a piece of no good filth. Fucking gangrenous dick.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 09, 2009, 11:58:13 AM
Wow, that's harsh. What a fuckhead. What a piece of no good filth. Fucking gangrenous dick.

Word.  But, am I surprised, fuck no.

Kai