News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Error There Has Been!

Started by ~, September 28, 2009, 06:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

Error There Has Been!

Iason Ouabache

At least the new season of Venture Brothers starts next Sunday. 

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

The Simpsons and Family Guy have been on the rocks for years.  Never found American Dad funny in the first place, so I couldn't really give a judgement on them.

I thought that Mind Quad was funny, but thats about it.

Cramulus

you clearly haven't been watching the new It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzz-p6Ulas&feature=related

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Broken AI on September 28, 2009, 06:18:13 AM
I just got thru watching the new simpsons, family guy & american dad.

Even the simpsons was lame.

Family guy furrys? that's it.

I'm not even going to bother downloading tv anymore.

Yea it was pretty disappointing. I love the older Simpsons episodes and the movie was good, but, while there are still some redeeming qualities in the newer episodes, it's a lot of hit or miss now. I did laugh a bit through Family Guy, probably because the new Cleveland spinoff was even more mind-numbingly awful than  I expected (and I had abysmal expectations for it as it was), I needed to laugh at something. I did laugh once, at the end of the Cleveland show, a little. I couldn't help it.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 28, 2009, 01:32:32 PM
you clearly haven't been watching the new It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzz-p6Ulas&feature=related

And THIS. I started watching last year I think and I love. I was quite happy to see that the 2nd episode, which I missed last week while hiking, was on last night, followed by The Nightman Cometh afterwards. It filled me with silly glee.

And, for a more "serious" show, as mentioned in another thread, I do really like Sons of Anarchy.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cramulus

I didn't see the Cleveland show premier. What's the shtick? My expectations are also very, very low.

trippinprincezz13

Cleveland & Cleveland, Jr. (who mysteriously became 100x fatter, 100x less ADD and a lot dumber, i.e. black Chris - not that continuity is something that's been necessary to Family Guy, but really?) are going to move to California to start over but they make a pit-stop in his old hometown in VA. Runs into his old friend/crush who ended up with the wrong guy, but they're divorced now, and she has two kids - i.e. black Stewie and black Meg. And he meets their next-door neighbor, who is a bear with a voice only slightly less annoying than Gilbert Godfried's (maybe more annoying actually). She's gonna get back with her ex, but then doesn't and YAY Cleveland's gonna stay in Virginia and they'll be the black Griffin family. Two other friends are thrown in to complete the group - a redneck and some other guy. 

They pretty much took a fair supporting, but not a good stand-alone character, Cleveland, and mashed him up with a family to mirror the Griffins (except the daughter here appears to be a giant bitch rather than the semi-lovable loser Meg is) BUT THEY'RE BLACK.

Not that I was expecting much from a spinoff show, but it was like a really dumbed down Family Guy. Sure FG has it's large share of poopoo and peepee jokes, but it does try to be clever (if that's the right word) with some and includes a lot of obscure references. This show seemed like it tried to be really obvious with it's jokes, simple insults, and the characters almost explaining why something is funny, even when it's basic (Oh! He's fat! HA HA! I get it!)

I can't believe I actually just wrote that much about it, but it's hard to be concise on everywhere it went wrong. (though I guess the first mistake was making the show in the first place)
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cramulus

that's all very interesting. I was wondering if they were going to try and recan the family guy success, or try a new angle. Like how American Dad is basically Family Guy with some light political satire as framework.

Have you noticed that since Southpark lampooned Family Guy, FG has been waaay more coherent?

hahah look what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Family_Guy

QuoteOther cartoonists have criticized the show as well. The show's animation has come under fire by Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi, who expresses concern that the current generation of aspiring animators will be negatively influenced by the quality of animation in cartoons like Family Guy.[72]

The show's writing style has also come under criticism by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. In a 2006 interview, Parker and Stone revealed that they dislike having their show compared to Family Guy.[73] Their opinions are showcased in the two-part 2006 South Park story arc "Cartoon Wars". The story involves Eric Cartman's hatred of Family Guy and his attempt to get the show canceled.[74] In the episodes, fake Family Guy clips are shown depicting nonsensical cutaway jokes with no apparent relation to the plot. After the episode aired, Stone and Parker received support and gratitude from the staffs of The Simpsons and King of the Hill for "ripping on Family Guy".[75] Cartman's intense dislike of the show is also referred to in the 2008 episode "Canada on Strike".[76]

Parker and Stone clarify their opinions of Family Guy in the DVD commentary for the episodes. They say that, although they respect it for its fans and making people laugh, and having some smart humor, they ultimately hate the show itself and have absolutely no respect for its writing, given its overuse of gag humor.

During his "class day" address at Harvard University on June 7, 2006, Seth MacFarlane addressed Stone and Parker's criticisms in character as Stewie, stating that the "...cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story. They're just there to be 'funny'. That is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and, for that, I salute them."

Several episodes of The Simpsons, including "Missionary: Impossible", "Treehouse of Horror XIII", and "The Italian Bob" have poked fun at Family Guy, implying that MacFarlane's show is guilty of plagiarism. However, both MacFarlane and Simpsons creator Matt Groening have said that there is no serious feud between the two of them and their shows.[77][78]

amusing

Rumckle

God, I just watched it, it was pretty terrible.
It just seemed like a bad sitcom, the only time I laughed was in one of those FG style throw away gags.

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Seth McFarlane seems to have jumped off the deep end concerning racial and religious humor. At some point, he may have actually been trying to be insightful, whereas he's trying solely to be shocking. I think is this similar to what happened when Family Guy was being publicly jabbed at for its randomness; it became even more random, indulging in it further. Seth McFarlane is becoming extremely heavy handed with it (or maybe I should say ham-fisted.)

It was ok, but it was nothing special. And I cant believe they're giving this guy an hour and a half. I DONT miss king of the hill, but srsly.

Quote from: Broken AI on September 28, 2009, 06:18:13 AM
Even the simpsons was lame.

The simpsons has been relatively lame for a while, IMO.

Cramulus

I haven't minded the recent Simpsons. Each episode has a few good HAHs in it.
Family Guy less so.

It's Always Sunny, however, makes me guffaw

Iason Ouabache

Family Guy had a few laughs but could have been better. Way too many fart/poop jokes. Simpsons wasn't very funny. Cleveland Show was awful. Watching American Dad right now on Hulu. If it sucks I'm switching to Lie to Me.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

I saw the pilot for Lie to Me

it looked like a spinoff of House

a cool, cynical, educated dude solves problems using intuition and farfetched scientific hypothesis

his lackeys are pretty much cardboard cutouts of the lackeys on House, no?

I've only seen like four episodes of House, and 1 Lie to Me, so I could be wrong