"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Oh no. Kitten advice? Please?

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, September 29, 2009, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on September 29, 2009, 05:33:46 PM
Oh.  You believe that, huh?

Remember, this is Florida we're talking about.

In Florida they turn them into mittens without killing them first.

Yeah, think about that for a while.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2009, 06:06:19 PM

In Florida they get bitten by kitten mittens?

fomenter

Quote from: Squid on September 29, 2009, 05:56:02 PM
I'm not really worried about finding them homes so much as I'm worried about the mother outside looking for her children.
But I know if I leave them outside the hawks (and yes owls) will get them.
don't deprive the poor starving owls where is your compassion?? 
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

The no-kill shelters are still better than ASPCA, just saying.  Unless Squid wants the burden of getting rid of them herself (homes, hawks, owls), then no-kill is probably the best solution, really.  That's how we got our dog--a no-kill rescue society who gets mutts South of the border.  It's $$$ to adopt them, and that's how they make ends meet.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz:

I would let her in but I don't think I can catch her. Then I'd have another cat poomping in my garage.
POOMPING. In my GARAGE.

Ugh.
Why did they choose my house?

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Don't put them out, they'll die. So she'll be happy she got them back for about a day, and then they'll be dead and she'll be sad. For a day, and then she'll forget about them, which is what will happen once you put them somewhere she can't hear them.

Call the shelter and see if they have a live trap you can rent or borrow. Then you can catch mama and take her to the shelter along with kitties. She will probably end up being put down, but then she won't be out there breeding. Or you could do what my dad does, which is has them spayed and then releases them.

Alternately, you could start feeding her and see if you can gain her confidence.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 07:25:08 PM
Don't put them out, they'll die. So she'll be happy she got them back for about a day, and then they'll be dead and she'll be sad. For a day, and then she'll forget about them, which is what will happen once you put them somewhere she can't hear them.

Call the shelter and see if they have a live trap you can rent or borrow. Then you can catch mama and take her to the shelter along with kitties. She will probably end up being put down, but then she won't be out there breeding. Or you could do what my dad does, which is has them spayed and then releases them.

Alternately, you could start feeding her and see if you can gain her confidence.

THIS is a good idea....

The Good Reverend Roger

Florida?  They probably use the little bastards for chum.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2009, 06:06:19 PM

I believe I remember seeing Kathryn Harris with her hands jammed up the asses of small cats once, as some sort of weird fashion statement.  She was using them as hand puppets.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Ew.  You know, sometimes I worry myself.  My head is like a birdcage, and it has not been cleaned.  Every once in a while, something truly sick flops out between the bars, and I have to pretend nothing happened, while everyone else crowds to the other end of the bus.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 07:53:03 PM
Ew.  You know, sometimes I worry myself.  My head is like a birdcage, and it has not been cleaned.  Every once in a while, something truly sick flops out between the bars, and I have to pretend nothing happened, while everyone else crowds to the other end of the bus.
:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 07:53:03 PM

To be fair, that was pretty much the image I was trying to invoke, Kathyrn Harris aside.