News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Oh no. Kitten advice? Please?

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, September 29, 2009, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2009, 07:58:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 07:53:03 PM
Ew.  You know, sometimes I worry myself.  My head is like a birdcage, and it has not been cleaned.  Every once in a while, something truly sick flops out between the bars, and I have to pretend nothing happened, while everyone else crowds to the other end of the bus.

To be fair, that was pretty much the image I was trying to invoke, Kathyrn Harris aside.

It was the Kathryn Harris part that freaked me out.   :x
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ew.  You know, sometimes I worry myself.  My head is like a birdcage, and it has not been cleaned.  Every once in a while, something truly sick flops out between the bars, and I have to pretend nothing happened, while everyone else crowds to the other end of the bus.

Should be your tagline.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 08:23:58 PM

Should be your tagline.

Done!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 29, 2009, 05:33:46 PM
Oh.  You believe that, huh?

Remember, this is Florida we're talking about.

Florida?  They probably use the little bastards for chum.

Back in the late 80's they caught a group of teenagers who had tied cords around the heads of a bunch of stray cats they had caught in the neighborhood and were throwing them over the side of a bridge.  Head pops off, body falls, instant chum.  At least that is what they said they were doing...  chumming...  Hadn't thought of that in years.

GIGGLES

Quote from: Squid on September 29, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
So I have those 3 stray kittens in my garage and their mom is outside.
Calling for them.
-Do I put them back outside with her, where they can slide down the steep slope into the crick, get eaten by a possum or hawk? (hawks don't mess around in these parts)
-Or do I keep feeding them till I  can find them homes.

Note- they're weened, they eat dry food, but they're tiny.

What do I do? Anyone know?  :sad:

EAT THEM.

Suu

http://www.friendsofstrays.com/

They're in St. Petersburg and I did some volunteer work there when I still lived down there. But if you call them, they can probably give you the Orange/Seminole County alternative, because I highly doubt you'd want to drive the fuzzies 2 hours.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 07:25:08 PM
Don't put them out, they'll die. So she'll be happy she got them back for about a day, and then they'll be dead and she'll be sad. For a day, and then she'll forget about them, which is what will happen once you put them somewhere she can't hear them.

Really?  I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know much about cats, but it seems strange to think that cats are dependent on human assistance to get through infancy.  Seems like if mothers couldn't keep their kittens alive, cats should have gone extinct by now.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 07:25:08 PM
Don't put them out, they'll die. So she'll be happy she got them back for about a day, and then they'll be dead and she'll be sad. For a day, and then she'll forget about them, which is what will happen once you put them somewhere she can't hear them.

Call the shelter and see if they have a live trap you can rent or borrow. Then you can catch mama and take her to the shelter along with kitties. She will probably end up being put down, but then she won't be out there breeding. Or you could do what my dad does, which is has them spayed and then releases them.

Alternately, you could start feeding her and see if you can gain her confidence.

Get thee behind me Grayface...
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Sir Squid Diddimus

Alright. I'm keeping them in my garage. They know how to poop in a box. They seem to have taught themselves somehow.
I may have to pass by mama cat who gets fed by my neighbor and see her stare at me as if I've eaten her children, but I tell ya, if they were out there, they'd get eaten by something else.
I may have animal control do their spay and release thing, if I can find the right contact.
These guys won't be hard to get rid of. They're cute as shit and there's only 3.

So I feel guilty, but I know they're alive.

and GOD DAMN IT ROGER, YOU MADE ME POOMP ON MY SOFA!!

also- Khara that was the worst story ever. I never wanna read it again. EVER.

also also- GA, this is Florida. I live near water. We don't have too many strays in my area, if ya catch my drift. And these hawks do not fuck around, nor do the buzzards sit around and wait for shit to die.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on September 30, 2009, 04:50:38 AM

and GOD DAMN IT ROGER, YOU MADE ME POOMP ON MY SOFA!!

How did I do that?  I am but a humble Holy Man.

Golden Applesauce

also also- GA, this is Florida. I live near water. We don't have too many strays in my area, if ya catch my drift. And these hawks do not fuck around, nor do the buzzards sit around and wait for shit to die.

aaaahhh.

In that case, release the kittens and camp nearby with a good camera.  Score some pics of apex predators and post them here.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: GA on September 30, 2009, 04:52:46 AM

aaaahhh.

In that case, release the kittens and camp nearby with a good camera.  Score some pics of apex predators and post them here.

I'll just tell you a story instead-

Two friends of mine, guy and girl are on a walk in one of our parks, oooh, the park i got married in matter of fact, anyway---
Girl- Oh look! Baby bunnies!!
(we have those wild brown rabbits here)
Guy- heh, cute
Hawk- squeeeee, snatch
Girl- WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

true fuckin story.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Squid Diddimus

Aaaaaaaaaawe.
Look at em.
I just wanna rub em all over my FACE. ...  cept they're all dirty and greasy and smelly.
Boy do they need a bath.
They're very feral and not used to people yet. But you know me...

LOOKIT!!

yes, squirm and hide from Elmira.
I will hug them and squeeze them...