News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

They're on to me.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 29, 2009, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 29, 2009, 09:13:31 PM
"OH GOD! HOW DID I GET? DON'T EVEN KNOW! THINK I ACCIDENTALLY!"

BIG MAC!  WHERE FUCKING IS?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 08:44:59 PM
I can no longer get to IRC from work, and it's doubtful how long I can get here.

:crankey:

Set up a proxy to your home computer? Get a smartphone? Attempt to bribe the IT staff?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on September 29, 2009, 09:35:20 PM
I can no longer get to IRC from work, and it's doubtful how long I can get here.

Set up a proxy to your home computer? Get a smartphone? Attempt to bribe the IT staff?

The IT staff aren't the problem, and in fact are very reasonable folks.  It's the damn Websense filter.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Darth Cupcake

Find the most junior member of the IT staff--some help desk lackey dud with lots of pimples and an ugly shirt. They're weakest when they are the lowest in the geek eschelon, for they are shunned by main stream society for their computerly ways and also shunned by their own type as a sort of hazing to enter the elite IT clique.

Corner him. The young ones have not yet learned how to live entirely off coffee and Mountain Dew with no waste, so he'll occasionally need to pee. Shine a bright light on him. Lights are against the way of his people, so he will be stunned and disoriented. Then, STRIKE!

You can go the humanitarian route of simply cutting on him a little bit and sending him back to his herd as a warning, but in truth, once he has been so damaged, the pack will not accept him anymore and he'll be stuck telling Sales how to use the "print" function in their word processor for the rest of his life. It's better to just kill him and send pieces of him back to IT. Write your threat in some sort of code; the geeks like those "mind game" things.

Although the help desk lackey has little value to them, they will get your message. They will also have to help Sales until they get a new lackey, and that kind of harrowing experience should make them jelly in your hands. You may set the terms of their surrender.

Always have the IT department as a vassal state! Always!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

The IT staff aren't the problem, and in fact are very reasonable folks.  It's the damn Websense filter.

GODDAMMIT ROGER I WROTE THAT WHOLE SPIEL UP THERE FOR YOU AND YOU WENT AND RUINED IT WITH THIS

GET THE IT STAFF AS A VASSAL STATE AND THEY WILL REMOVE THE WEBSENSE TRADE EMBARGO BY YOUR ORDER

SON OF A BITCH MY EYES ARE ALL CROSSED NOW WHAT THE CRAP
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

I realized what I wrote here didn't make sense so here's a picture of a kitten:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 29, 2009, 09:44:23 PM
Find the most junior member of the IT staff--some help desk lackey dud with lots of pimples and an ugly shirt. They're weakest when they are the lowest in the geek eschelon, for they are shunned by main stream society for their computerly ways and also shunned by their own type as a sort of hazing to enter the elite IT clique.

Corner him. The young ones have not yet learned how to live entirely off coffee and Mountain Dew with no waste, so he'll occasionally need to pee. Shine a bright light on him. Lights are against the way of his people, so he will be stunned and disoriented. Then, STRIKE!

You can go the humanitarian route of simply cutting on him a little bit and sending him back to his herd as a warning, but in truth, once he has been so damaged, the pack will not accept him anymore and he'll be stuck telling Sales how to use the "print" function in their word processor for the rest of his life. It's better to just kill him and send pieces of him back to IT. Write your threat in some sort of code; the geeks like those "mind game" things.

Although the help desk lackey has little value to them, they will get your message. They will also have to help Sales until they get a new lackey, and that kind of harrowing experience should make them jelly in your hands. You may set the terms of their surrender.

Always have the IT department as a vassal state! Always!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 29, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

The IT staff aren't the problem, and in fact are very reasonable folks.  It's the damn Websense filter.

GODDAMMIT ROGER I WROTE THAT WHOLE SPIEL UP THERE FOR YOU AND YOU WENT AND RUINED IT WITH THIS

GET THE IT STAFF AS A VASSAL STATE AND THEY WILL REMOVE THE WEBSENSE TRADE EMBARGO BY YOUR ORDER

SON OF A BITCH MY EYES ARE ALL CROSSED NOW WHAT THE CRAP

I just came dangerously close to pissing in my pance.   :lulz:

Darth Cupcake

I don't even have any filters or restrictions on the internet here and I want to go on an IT department safari anyways.

They're so cute when they get scared.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on September 29, 2009, 09:48:56 PM
I don't even have any filters or restrictions on the internet here and I want to go on an IT department safari anyways.

They're so cute when they get scared.

Better:  Come on to the nerdiest, neckbeardiest one of them, just to watch his synapses fuse.

Cramulus

Triple Zero

it would cost some $$ but you could get a netbook and one of those "internet everywhere" USB sticks (Payne had one of those with him at DoD). they're really not that expensive anymore, and a netbook is just a very useful thing to have (it's just like a laptop, except that you can actually fit it into your bag! mine is a German rebrand of the MSI Wind, comes with windows XP).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

Show them what your like without stress relief
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 30, 2009, 02:21:09 PM
it would cost some $$ but you could get a netbook and one of those "internet everywhere" USB sticks (Payne had one of those with him at DoD). they're really not that expensive anymore, and a netbook is just a very useful thing to have (it's just like a laptop, except that you can actually fit it into your bag! mine is a German rebrand of the MSI Wind, comes with windows XP).

I love the netbooks. I have the EEEpc .... you know, the SQUEEEpc
fits in mah purse.

Netbook + tethered smartphone

Rumckle

Netbook + several miles of ethernet cable
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 30, 2009, 04:20:10 PM
Show them what your like without stress relief

This scares me all the way up in St. Louis..........