News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Reminder: its OK to be a pedo, if your name is Roman Polanski

Started by Cain, September 30, 2009, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

True story.

http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-roman-polanski-it-wasnt-rape+rape

QuoteI know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and when they let him out he was like "You know what, this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail, I'm not staying", so that's why he left.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8277176.stm

Quote"I am shocked that any man of 76, whether distinguished or not, should have been treated in such a fashion"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2009/09/the_outrageous_arrest_of_roman.html

QuotePolanski, who panicked and fled the U.S. during that trial, has been pursued by this case for 30 years, during which time he has never returned to America, has never returned to the United Kingdom, has avoided many other countries and has never been convicted of anything else. He did commit a crime, but he has paid for the crime in many, many ways: In notoriety, in lawyers' fees, in professional stigma. He could not return to Los Angeles to receive his recent Oscar. He cannot visit Hollywood to direct or cast a film.

Yes, its really Polanski who is the victim here.  After all, child rape isn't a very serious crime, and he's already been punished, by having to run away to Switzerland to avoid uh, being punished.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

(And right after I noted that the bastard's arrest made me happy! How's that for synchronicity?  :lulz:)

Clearly, Luc Besson disagrees with many of his peers:
Quote from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/roman-polanski/6245219/Roman-Polanski-backlash-as-Whoopi-Goldberg-says-director-didnt-commit-rape-rape.htmlThe French director Luc Besson refused to sign the petition calling for Polanski's release.

He said: "I have a lot of affection for him, he is a man that I like very much but nobody should be above the law. I don't know the details of this case, but I think that when you don't show up for trial, you are taking a risk."
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Idem

The asshole should have been jailed three decades ago.  Coverage of this bullshit has been on and off since then.

Also,  :lulz: @ the 73-years-old remark.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Has anyone checked to see how Uncle BadTouch is taking the news?

Jenne

Well, he WAS jailed.

He had a deal with the judge, and there was...you know...politicking.  I'm not saying his jail sentence was FAIR...what he did to that girl was awful, badwrong and should've been punished to the fullest extent regardless of how famous he was.  The judge in this case was a fucknut, though, and could've done more with Polanski but liked the spotlight on himself this case gave him.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I wonder what the law on sex with minors was in the 70's... and if he will  be tried under that law, or the current sex offender laws?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Faust

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on September 30, 2009, 04:16:48 PM
I wonder what the law on sex with minors was in the 70's... and if he will  be tried under that law, or the current sex offender laws?
It wasn't just sex with minors, he drugged and raped her vaginally and anally while she pleaded no.

Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 30, 2009, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on September 30, 2009, 04:16:48 PM
It wasn't just sex with minors, he drugged and raped her vaginally and anally while she pleaded no.

Whoa.... what's the source for that?

I mean, I know the first bit, but the second?

Jenne

...and she was 13.  Her mother--I want to blame her a LOT for this--she was one of these failed-starlet moms who hung out at stoner Hollywood parties trying to get a gig, get laid, etc.  She put her kid in the limelight as fast as she could and then THIS happened to her.

Faust

"Geimer testified that Polanski performed various sexual acts on her[33][34][35] after giving her a combination of champagne and quaaludes.[36] Specifically, Geimer's testimony was that Polanski kissed her, performed cunnilingus on her, penetrated her vaginally, and then penetrated her anally, each time after being told 'no' and being asked to stop. [37]"
Cant remember where I saw this, and its not on his wiki page, it might have been hers.
It was from her testimony as far as I know. She has asked for the charges to be dropped since, incidentally he paid her a huge sum of money

LMNO

Gotcha.

Moral of the story: Nothing ever good goes down at Jack Nicholson's house when you're 13 years old in the 70s.

Jenne

He got her VERY high and very disoriented.  She couldn't fight him off and begged to be left alone by him when he started in on her, from her interview with the cops afterward.

I saw that HBO documentary on the whole thing--it came on HBO eerily just a couple of months before he was arrested...

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
Gotcha.

Moral of the story: Nothing ever good goes down at Jack Nicholson's house when you're 13 years old in the 70s.

Yeah, see my comment on the mother.  Part of me wants to believe she really wanted something like this to happen...but that's my evil jaded side I try to rarely listen to.

Faust

Quote from: Jenne on September 30, 2009, 04:30:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
Gotcha.

Yeah, see my comment on the mother.  Part of me wants to believe she really wanted something like this to happen...but that's my evil jaded side I try to rarely listen to.
Makes sense, there is probably a lot of money in it.  :|