News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Reminder: its OK to be a pedo, if your name is Roman Polanski

Started by Cain, September 30, 2009, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2009, 09:29:22 PM

What is the difference between rape and rape-rape.  Is rape-rape when he asks pretty please before the assault?  Great insight there Whoopi.  Thumbs up!

I think she ignorantly assumed it was consensual statutory rape, versus non-consensual drugged rape.

Woopifail
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Interesting.  Poking around a few cesspools of the internet, it seems the consensus is that all these celebrity pals of Polanksi speaking out "proves" that left-liberalism is all about soft headed approval of child rape (ignore for a moment that Anne Applebaum is well on the right, as is her husband, Poland's current foreign minister who is attempting to intervene on Polanksi's behalf).

However, more subtle reading would suggest, far from Hollywood being driven to NAMBLA membership from reading too much Karl Marx, celebrities and those in high society, and those who wish to be part of high society, are more willing than not to excuse the crimes committed by members of those esteemed circles.  In short, because someone like them committed the crime, they automatically ascribe to the theory that excuses their actions the most, regardless or not if they make sense.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2009, 10:01:25 PM
Yeah, because that would make him a real winner too. 

Well in context, she's talking about how girls at 13, 14 years old are perceived differently in Europe than in the US.
Quote from: DumbassWhoopiWe're a different kind of society. We see things differently. The world sees 13-year-olds and 14-year-olds in the rest of Europe... not everybody agrees with the way we see things...

I think she was trying to make a point that was not applicable (since drugging people and having sex with them is generally considered rape in Europe as well) and very poorly stated.

AFK

And it's that same kind of fuck-nut logic used to defend waterboarding, because, well, it isn't torture-torture. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2009, 10:09:23 PM
And it's that same kind of fuck-nut logic used to defend waterboarding, because, well, it isn't torture-torture. 

In this case I would agree. I think there are some cases where Statutory rape is probably not at all related to actual rape... from what I've read of Polanski though, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I did read an interesting piece which said that the French response to this may have a lot to do with an apparently botched case in 2004 where a pedophile ring was captured in northern France and several people were convicted, before it came to light that they were all innocent. So according to that article, at least, there is apparently some distrust between the French people and the legal systems Sex Offender policies. I dunno much about that though.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2009, 10:02:39 PMIn short, because someone like them committed the crime, they automatically ascribe to the theory that excuses their actions the most, regardless or not if they make sense.

Yes.
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

I still like his films.
I don't care if he goes to jail.

The U.S. was bound to catch up with him at some point anyway, if he wanted to stay out of jail he should have stayed in france.
That he was lured into a false sense of security regarding switzerland is his own fault. Anyway, the whole thing has all the elements of a greek tragedy, including the hubris of the main character being his eventual downfall.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2009, 03:23:06 PM
http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-roman-polanski-it-wasnt-rape+rape
QuoteI know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and when they let him out he was like "You know what, this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail, I'm not staying", so that's why he left.

P.S. Whoopi Goldberg is, and always has been, a retarded ignorant cunt who commits regular acts of epic fail as a "comedian" and a human being.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on September 30, 2009, 10:05:25 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2009, 10:01:25 PM
Yeah, because that would make him a real winner too. 

Well in context, she's talking about how girls at 13, 14 years old are perceived differently in Europe than in the US.
Quote from: DumbassWhoopiWe’re a different kind of society. We see things differently. The world sees 13-year-olds and 14-year-olds in the rest of Europe… not everybody agrees with the way we see things…

I think she was trying to make a point that was not applicable (since drugging people and having sex with them is generally considered rape in Europe as well) and very poorly stated.

Wait, what "we" in that sentence is about Europe???? Maybe in Italy, if your name is Berlusconi?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on September 30, 2009, 10:24:25 PM
I think there are some cases where Statutory rape is probably not at all related to actual rape... from what I've read of Polanski though, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I think Rat is trying to say there might be a difference between a sober 13-year-old pleading, "fuck me in the ass!" and a drugged up 13-year-old screaming "stop!"  Both are rape, however.

Wow.  Writing that just creeped me out.

Cain

Trip, I believe in Spain the age of consent is 13, and in many Eastern European countries it is closer to 14 than 18.  I suspect that was what was being hinted at.

Also, interestingly, the age of consent in Vatican City is 12.  Hmmm, I wonder why that may be....