News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Adorable Kitttens ITT

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, September 30, 2009, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yo that shit looks itchy!
I used to get bit on the feet a lot when I had those little black and red or black and brown
spiders living under my cabinet in the bathroom. (there were two).
They itched and itched.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid on October 02, 2009, 05:13:55 AM
I used to get bit on the feet a lot when I had those little black and red or black and brown
They itched and itched.

That would drive me nuts! Would they just rush out and attack you when you weren't looking?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

AAAAAAAWE damn I love kitties.

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2009, 06:06:30 AM
They itched and itched.

That would drive me nuts! Would they just rush out and attack you when you weren't looking?

Well my toes would be under the cabinet, in "their space", so they would sneak down and bite my feet then sneak back up to where they were.
They weren't poisonous, just assholes.
Sure would itch and I'd curse. But when I'd look down there to smash em they'd be staring at me... with those eyes...
those "we're just doing what spiders do" eyes.
Sigh. Herman and Mildred.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

squid the proper technique is to shriek  and jump around until someone kills them. or squirt them with windex til they drown in chemicals....

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 01, 2009, 11:23:28 AM
we only have tiny non poisonous spiders over here, though :( and they aren't all fluffy and shit either.

YOU LIE!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/Spiders/Argyronetidae/ArgyronetidaeNL.htm

here is a dutch biting poisonous underwater spider.

I like it when nature is weird.

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

PeregrineBF

I am rather arachnaphobic.
Methods to deal with spiders:
Freeze them to death with an upside-down air duster can.
 Effective, but sometimes blows them around too much. Generally safe.
Burn them with an oxyacetylene torch.
 Less blowing around than the freezing method, but can't be used near anything you don't want to annihilate. Dangerous.
Pop them with a HERF gun.
 Dangerous. Even if it's non-ionizing you can still cook yourself nicely. Also harder to get and rather more illegal in most places. On the plus side, they pop as their insides boil.
Boiling water.
 Good for spiders in places you can get wet.

Cain

Yeah, but aren't you in Australia?  Its not exactly an irrational fear....

AFK

Quote from: Squid on October 01, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 01, 2009, 05:44:04 PM
I don't know about Squid.  How can she lob those pictures like that and haunt poor Fred and Remington?  

Fred and who?
C'mon. Even if you're scared of spiders those pictures are cute.
And if not, they know what's in the thread, they can always not click.
Or click and force themselves to look till they aren't scared anymore.
These things are only as big as a dime and they can't hurt you.

she....lob
Shelob
The big giant spider in Lord of the Rings?
'twas just a pun.  too subtle I suppose.  
Sorry for any confusion. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

rong

what is a HERF gun?

also, i don't really have a problem with spiders, but i HATE wasps.  i like to catch them and put them under an upside down drinking glass.  if i'm lucky i can catch one or two more before the first one dies.  then i put them all under the same glass and watch them fight.

i'm assuming similar tactics could be used with spiders.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid on October 02, 2009, 07:17:25 AM
AAAAAAAWE damn I love kitties.

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2009, 06:06:30 AM
They itched and itched.

Well my toes would be under the cabinet, in "their space", so they would sneak down and bite my feet then sneak back up to where they were.
They weren't poisonous, just assholes.
Sure would itch and I'd curse. But when I'd look down there to smash em they'd be staring at me... with those eyes...
those "we're just doing what spiders do" eyes.
Sigh. Herman and Mildred.

Awww! Sort of like having tiny adversarial owls in your bathroom!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 02, 2009, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: Squid on October 01, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 01, 2009, 05:44:04 PM
I don't know about Squid.  How can she lob those pictures like that and haunt poor Fred and Remington?  

Fred and who?
C'mon. Even if you're scared of spiders those pictures are cute.
And if not, they know what's in the thread, they can always not click.
Or click and force themselves to look till they aren't scared anymore.
These things are only as big as a dime and they can't hurt you.

she....lob
Shelob
The big giant spider in Lord of the Rings?
'twas just a pun.  too subtle I suppose.  
Sorry for any confusion. 

too slow

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 02, 2009, 08:10:40 AM
squid the proper technique is to shriek  and jump around until someone kills them. or squirt them with windex til they drown in chemicals....

This has always been an effective way of getting rid of spiders for me. Not that I necessarily want to give them a chemical bath but it's the best way I can deal with it if no-one's around/willing to deal with it for me. I DID let the awful-looking spider (mostly cuz it was big and had really long legs - not a daddy long-legs) sitting on/next-to the toilet bowl be a day or two until my boyfriend got around to getting rid of it. It still died, but not a horrible chemical death at least. Sometimes he'll just try to let them out of the house, which is fine by me as long as they're not anywhere near me.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yeah, I'm not really out to kill them.
I honestly don't care if they're there.