News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

ZOMBIELAND

Started by Suu, October 02, 2009, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

:fap:

It was all I ever wanted in a zombie movie and MORE. I order my Principality and their allies to go see this movie, immediately.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Sweet, the previews looked good.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

remind me when the DVD is out.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

The Providence Journal gave it 5 stars. That's surprising, because they hate movies.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Broken AI on October 04, 2009, 12:41:02 PM
ill post a link when i find a better cam.

They wanded the hell out of us before we went in. And even if I wanted to film it, my camera phone sucks. :(

Faust

Quote from: Suu on October 04, 2009, 02:19:07 PM

They wanded the hell out of us before we went in. And even if I wanted to film it, my camera phone sucks. :(
wanded? whats with all this invasion of privacy at your cinemas?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 04, 2009, 05:07:18 PM

They're a free country.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Faust

Oh no you wont.

(i didn't see this the first time)
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Remington

"I'm in the ass-kicking business, and business is good."

"Sorry, but Zombie Kill of the Week goes to Sister Theresa of the Los Angeles Nunnery."

That movie was fucking glorious.
Is it plugged in?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 04, 2009, 05:44:46 PM

They're a free country.

:lulz:

Suu

All advance screenings do it. It's so we don't film it and put it on the interwebs. Typically they make us leave our purses and phones outside, but they let us bring them in this time. Instead, the men in the black suits and Blueteeth walked around up and down the aisles looking for idiots who were filming. Fortunately, no one in Providence is smart enough to film movies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want to see this! I'm supposed to go see 9 with SC on Wednesday, but maybe I can talk him into Zombieland instead.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Sir Remington III on October 05, 2009, 04:16:59 AM

"Sorry, but Zombie Kill of the Week goes to Sister Theresa of the Los Angeles Nunnery."

*BOOM*

I nearly pissed myself. Seriously.  :lulz:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on October 05, 2009, 01:58:05 PM
All advance screenings do it. It's so we don't film it and put it on the interwebs. Typically they make us leave our purses and phones outside, but they let us bring them in this time. Instead, the men in the black suits and Blueteeth walked around up and down the aisles looking for idiots who were filming. Fortunately, no one in Providence is smart enough to film movies.

but screeners really suck anyway! even the good ones. often, after having seen a screener, I'm even more likely to watch the movie for real in better quality* than I was before.

(*read: wait for the DVDRip)

but seriously (putting on my "respect4copyrights" hat), it still shows the contempt big corps have for the consumer. there's (IMO) no way such an invasion of privacy weighs up against their potential loss of revenue. Only one reasonably watchable screener has to reach the torrent sites and all that wanding, inconveniencing people that actually contribute to their revenue, will have been for nothing. Even given that it's forbidden to do, they just don't understand the economics of the information age.

hell I even wonder if they add it all up, how can it be even worth it for them? the screeners will get on the net anyway, so isn't all this security theater just throwing away money?

.. or creating jobs, if you wanna be optimistic :-P

well, same reasoning goes for all the airport bullshit of course.

Suu

From what I understand, it's the production company that does the security measures for screeners, god only knows that the Providence Place Mall Cinemas could give 2 shits. If it wasn't for those stupid cunts going through my purse I could have snuck in candy.  :argh!: