News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Upright Citizens Brigade

Started by Chief Uwachiquen, November 07, 2009, 09:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Uwachiquen

http://www.uprightcitizens.org/

I absolutely adore this group. Unfortunately some of the links on their site are broken. I approve of the pranks that they pull on the public. I also adore the show that they had on Comedy Central. Apparently they've got an improv school in California and New York. S'bout it for this post. Just thought someone here might enjoy it.

Bruno

I watched Martin & Orloff a few years ago. I remember thinking that it was really good, but now I can't remember anything about it.

http://www.martinandorloff.com/
Formerly something else...

Shinigami715

I've been to a few shows at their LA school. They get SNL and MadTV people preforming there all the time. Its an excellent environment... And they shows are usually like 10 bucks, regardless of who is preforming.

...They also do kids shows.

Cramulus

their show was verrrrry "discordian", wasn't it? a secret cabal of world hackers who are fighting the forces of order and normality? verrrry 'Discordian'.

My buddy HAL PHILLIPS is in the NY school - he says they're real cool guys.

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Cramulus on November 09, 2009, 06:19:31 PM
their show was verrrrry "discordian", wasn't it? a secret cabal of world hackers who are fighting the forces of order and normality? verrrry 'Discordian'.

My buddy HAL PHILLIPS is in the NY school - he says they're real cool guys.

Yeah, definitely. That was my first thought when I saw it.. When I saw the show for the first and it was like. "Our only friend is CHAOS. Our enemy is the STATUS QOU. If you do it, we see it. ANTIONE. COLBY. TRODDER. ADAIR." I was like.  :aaa: or. Well. More accurately.  :fap: Then I saw the shots that looked like were done from a camcorder. And the more I watched the more I realized that some of the shit they were doing was just randomly out in the public. Especially when the cops came to get Adair who kept emerging out of random fountains as the lady of the lake after people had settled in and gotten comfortable.

Is it really hard to get into those schools? I've been kind of wondering about that.  It also makes me wonder about the guy who told me to watch it. He just kind of walked up to me while I was working and was like. "Here. Watch this. You'll love it." and then just walked off. He was one of my co-workers. This was about a week after we had a philosophical discussion at work when we were bored and everyone else had left. We were the two poor saps who got stuck 'til midnight working alone. I dropped some dischordian mumbo jumbo into the conversation to see how he reacted and he barely even flinched. I wonder if he's one of us and I don't know it, or if he's at least hip on our bull-shit. I should plant some stuff in the break room and keep an eye on how he reacts when he looks at it.

Cramulus

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on November 12, 2009, 10:25:22 PM
Is it really hard to get into those schools?

no, they let in anyone with cash in hand :-)

QuoteI should plant some stuff in the break room and keep an eye on how he reacts when he looks at it.

yes, do this

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on November 10, 2009, 09:12:00 PM
UCB was fucking awesome.

http://www.guba.com/watch/2000824003/Making-Money-Ass-Pennieswmv-75-MBytes-yEnc

I can't check it out at work but I'm going to use my incredible powers of deduction to figure it's the ass pennies sketch.

That is seriously one of the best things I've ever seen on television.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.