News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

ZOMBIELAND

Started by Suu, October 02, 2009, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

put candy in pance

"no that isn't a giant snickers bar, i'm just happy to see you"

Faust

Quote from: Suu on October 05, 2009, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 04, 2009, 05:07:18 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 04, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: Broken AI on October 04, 2009, 12:41:02 PM
ill post a link when i find a better cam.

They wanded the hell out of us before we went in. And even if I wanted to film it, my camera phone sucks. :(
wanded? whats with all this invasion of privacy at your cinemas?

All advance screenings do it. It's so we don't film it and put it on the interwebs. Typically they make us leave our purses and phones outside, but they let us bring them in this time. Instead, the men in the black suits and Blueteeth walked around up and down the aisles looking for idiots who were filming. Fortunately, no one in Providence is smart enough to film movies.
Yikes, that would kill the whole ambiance for me, I love the cinema and how it relaxes me.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 05, 2009, 04:30:11 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 05, 2009, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 04, 2009, 05:07:18 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 04, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: Broken AI on October 04, 2009, 12:41:02 PM
ill post a link when i find a better cam.

They wanded the hell out of us before we went in. And even if I wanted to film it, my camera phone sucks. :(
wanded? whats with all this invasion of privacy at your cinemas?

All advance screenings do it. It's so we don't film it and put it on the interwebs. Typically they make us leave our purses and phones outside, but they let us bring them in this time. Instead, the men in the black suits and Blueteeth walked around up and down the aisles looking for idiots who were filming. Fortunately, no one in Providence is smart enough to film movies.
Yikes, that would kill the whole ambiance for me, I love the cinema and how it relaxes me.

When I used to work as an usher at a theater the management used to lean on me heavily to walk in during movies and look for cameras...

but,
if it didn't have to do with sitting on my ass and eating popcorn all day, it didn't get done.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

This movie looks hilarious--I can't wait to see it.  And I've never been wanded or searched...and I smuggle candy in all the time.

In fact, it's a testament to how lax the security in our theaters is when I plainly walked in on 2 teens having oral sex (well, a gf giving her bf a bj) with my sis-in-law before we saw a girlie movie a couple of weeks ago.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

"smuggle" candy?

lol me and my friends walk into movies with pizza or chinese carryout and no one cares. your theaters must suck

or i go to movie tavern...cause that place is awesum

Suu

Theatres here are franchises run by the mafia. You don't WANT to get caught bringing anything in.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on October 06, 2009, 05:23:07 AM
This movie looks hilarious--I can't wait to see it.  And I've never been wanded or searched...and I smuggle candy in all the time.

In fact, it's a testament to how lax the security in our theaters is when I plainly walked in on 2 teens having oral sex (well, a gf giving her bf a bj) with my sis-in-law before we saw a girlie movie a couple of weeks ago.

Well, it sounds like someone got wanded. 

:rimshot:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

The Loew's theater in this area lets you bring in your own food/drink now. Of course the tickets are $10 each now, so I tend to say fuck that anyway unless we're really desperate to see a movie (rarely) or if someone gave us movie passes. Chunky's is sometimes good cuz the tickets are cheaper than everywhere else around here and they serve actual food (and booze!) to have while you watch the movie. Plus, if you wanna go and not eat you pay at least $3 less a ticket than most places around here. Only problem is their weird hours and sometimes getting good or new movies and other times getting crappy movies, since the one near me only has 3 theaters. The other branches might be better tho.

I'm hoping we can see Zombieland soon, if not, it'll be the wait til DVD
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

hooplala

I saw it; I loved it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

rong

i saw it. it was pretty good, but it was no shaun of the dead.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Kurt Christ

Saw it tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Suu

Quote from: ~ on October 11, 2009, 05:41:38 AM
I was not that impressed. I was under the (mistaken) impression it was going to be a straight zombie horror.

How can you take anything will Woody Harrelson called "ZOMBIELAND" as a straight zombie horror? Did you even see the trailers?

Quote from: rong on October 06, 2009, 06:49:45 PM
i saw it. it was pretty good, but it was no shaun of the dead.

I don't think any zombie comedy will ever beat Shaun of the Dead.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Golden Applesauce

I liked it better than Shaun.  Maybe I just identified with the characters more, or something.  I think the existence of a male in a father-like role was a nice touch; maybe I'm watching the wrong movies but men always seem to be either hard guys or eligible bachelors.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GA on October 11, 2009, 08:28:37 PM
I liked it better than Shaun.  Maybe I just identified with the characters more, or something.  I think the existence of a male in a father-like role was a nice touch; maybe I'm watching the wrong movies but men always seem to be either hard guys or eligible bachelors.

You need to watch girlier movies, because in girlie movies guys are A: the doting (or overly protective) fathers of pretty young brides/teenagers, B: the handsome bachelor who finds himself mentoring some hapless waif and then falls in love with its mother, or C: the struggling-yet-keeping-it-together single dad who is too busy to date so the children concoct a hilarious plan to make him fall in love with the pretty lady at the (fill in the blank) shop.

The main theme of these movies, in order:

Dad learns that his precious angel is grown and it's time to let her go

Bachelor with knack for parenting rescues single mom

Spinster with a knack for parenting rescues single dad

Rescuing is big with girls, it would seem. One way or another. God knows there's nothing I like more than a hot mess.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

you forget to mention that invariably, somewhere around 2/3rds of the movie everything seems just great, and then some misunderstanding occurs that could have been prevented if they'd let eachother finish talking, or if she had picked up the phone, or if he had believed "this is not what it seems" etc etc etc and then they're all angry and then something hilariously complicated happens and everything turns out for the best.

also, Hugh Grant.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.