Main Menu

ZOMBIELAND

Started by Suu, October 02, 2009, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

LMNO

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 12, 2009, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 12, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
also, Hugh Grant.

:vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:

Incidentally, finding clips of Withnail and I on Youtube and saying "isn't Hugh Grant great in this?" is an awesome trolling technique.  At least on a par with saying "I like the original by All Saints better" about RHCP's Under the Bridge.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: LMNO on October 12, 2009, 03:54:20 PM
Clive Owen, perhaps?

hes not a romantic comedy person is he? i always see him killing things

LMNO

Sorry, I think I meant Colin Firth.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: LMNO on October 12, 2009, 05:00:45 PM
Sorry, I think I meant Colin Firth.

ahhHHHHHHH. had to look him up, seems to be in movies with hugh grant  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

you forget to mention that invariably, somewhere around 2/3rds of the movie everything seems just great, and then some misunderstanding occurs that could have been prevented if they'd let eachother finish talking, or if she had picked up the phone, or if he had believed "this is not what it seems" etc etc etc and then they're all angry and then something hilariously complicated happens and everything turns out for the best.

also, Hugh Grant.

:lulz: Yes. This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nose extractor

After seeing the trailer i had a feeling of "Seen this shit before".

But according to you i am wrong. So whats new in this one?

Suu

Quote from: ~ on October 13, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
QuoteHow can you take anything will Woody Harrelson called "ZOMBIELAND" as a straight zombie horror? Did you even see the trailers?

nope I do my movie browsing based soly upon the top 100 section of torrent sites.

Something I've not seen before that zooms in with millions of seeds 6 times out of ten is something watchable.

Here's a tip:

Get up, turn your computer off.

Put pants on.

Yes, that's right, one leg at a time...take off the sock first. No no, you know what sock I'm talking about.

Go upstairs from the basement and out of the house, you may need sunscreen for your translucent skin, I know, it hurts...

Pick up a printed newspaper.

Read movie reviews.

Go to your local theatre.

Enjoy something that you read a review of to your liking and support the film company by doing so.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Nose extractor on October 13, 2009, 10:23:44 AM
After seeing the trailer i had a feeling of "Seen this shit before".

But according to you i am wrong. So whats new in this one?

Trust me on this. This movie is getting 5 fucking stars. WOULD THE POPULOUS OF PD.COM MISLEAD YOU?!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 13, 2009, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: ~ on October 13, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
QuoteHow can you take anything will Woody Harrelson called "ZOMBIELAND" as a straight zombie horror? Did you even see the trailers?

nope I do my movie browsing based soly upon the top 100 section of torrent sites.

Something I've not seen before that zooms in with millions of seeds 6 times out of ten is something watchable.

Here's a tip:

Get up, turn your computer off.

Put pants on.

Yes, that's right, one leg at a time...take off the sock first. No no, you know what sock I'm talking about.

Go upstairs from the basement and out of the house, you may need sunscreen for your translucent skin, I know, it hurts...

Pick up a printed newspaper.

Read movie reviews.

Go to your local theatre.

Enjoy something that you read a review of to your liking and support the film company by doing so.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Captain Utopia

you forget to mention that invariably, somewhere around 2/3rds of the movie everything seems just great, and then some misunderstanding occurs that could have been prevented if they'd let eachother finish talking, or if she had picked up the phone, or if he had believed "this is not what it seems" etc etc etc and then they're all angry and then something hilariously complicated happens and everything turns out for the best.
This. Once I noticed the pattern, I found that I had absolutely no problem stopping watching such movies half way through. Of course, I only get half the credit for watching a chick-flick, but that's more than made up by the extra free time.

Jenne

Ima go and see this tonight, dammit.  I need to go blow off steam.  This week has sucked ass.