News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

ZOMBIELAND

Started by Suu, October 02, 2009, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

Saw it, loved it.   :D
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Suu

Quote from: Pope Benny on November 01, 2009, 12:54:42 AM
BTW, watch a pretty high quality version here 4 free:

It was pretty fun, but like was said, Shawn of the Dead was better.  Happy Halloween!

You may not want to post that link here, lest you want Faust to kill you.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Shit

Oh, okay.  Thought you were friendly zombies.
::Shoots Faust before he eats my brains::
So long, and thanks for all the shit.

Suu

Seriously, at least disable the link so your ISP can't sue us, just you.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Shit

I erased it.  Now erase your post or you'll get sued.

Suu

Nope, I disabled the link before I quoted you, thus giving no trackback.

Shit

It's nothing illegal, nothing I can get suud for.

Suu

You're linking to an unauthorized copy of a movie that is illegally posted on the internet and suggesting that people view it on a public forum.

No, that's not bad, at all.

Shit

I'm not so sure it's illegal. It shouldn't be illegal, in any case.  There's several places to find those kinds of movies on the net, and they aren't entirely free, or illegal.  The website I linked only lets you watch like 1 and a half movies before they ask you to pay not to be interupted.  The internet is growing, and so are the laws and customs.  Whatever the case, I didn't do anything wrong.  Except for caring about the Discordians enough to post that link.  Freaking spagblisters.

Triple Zero

Well the question is not if it's illegal (it's not), but whether you can get sued for it, which you can, kind of. However, so far the only successful cases against the mere act of linking to copyrighted intellectual property were only successful because it could be proven that the purpose of the site was in fact to facilitate users to search a huge database of links to copyrighted material. Such as the Pirate Bay (torrent files, containing no copyrighted data themselves, were considered as links for the purposes of this lawsuit).

In other words, the occasional link on a forum to some rapidshit or megavidelyo isn't going to post much of a threat.

Hxxp'ing the link, just to be sure, wouldn't hurt though.

(but neither would it accomplish much, cause the only thing you prevent is from showing up in the target site's referral logs, a site which was doing illegal stuff in the first place, so I don't think they will report their referral logs much)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

I'm not not very comfortable with it either way, In ireland they are currently making examples of people who host materials. I know its linked but the law on that isn't tested yet here, and I'd rather not be the test case. I hope this doesn't make me seem like too much of a dick, but its just my view that there's no need to link it here, you can find it in seconds if you go to one of the big file sharing sites like projectw or something.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: BAI on November 02, 2009, 04:12:39 PM
i was coming back to remove the link after I heard about that three strikes thing. nah does not make you seem like a dick at all man, I was unaware of the new laws till I recently read about em.

won't happen again.

so does this mean that ALL uk / eire based internet traffic is being snooped for keywords now?

'd have hours of fun mis-labeling links, flies etc if I lived there still. :P

I watch our top traffic coming from google,
occasionally "Insert film name" +"rapidshare" will rise to the top of our searches from google, at which point I get rid of the links.
but yeah mislabeling links of those to go to the fish would be a fun idea.
we could actually have a file sharing thread like the worst forum on the internet thread with nothing but goatse links and the like.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So Space Cowboy and I saw Zombieland on Sunday. Neither of us liked it that much, and I love zombie movies. He described it as "Basically a two-hour music video" and I can't disagree, plus the romance subplot irritated me, the "people doing obviously stupid things" element irritated me, and the whole Bill Murray sequence just made me uncomfortable.

I loved Woody Harrelson, though.

I think I would have liked it better if I'd paid three dollars for it instead of ten.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Movies are too expensive.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, seriously! That evening was OK, but fuck sake, we EACH spent $60. Dinner, movie, ONE drink at a bar. $120, just like that, and we've had just as much or more fun spending $10 at the Red Fox, eating leftovers, and watching a Netflix.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."